AC Tripped - unable to restore

Tigersden

First time I have had a 120 Volt outage and am not sure how to restore. Pedestal breaker at campground is working OK. I suspect power was lost from overload (tripped when starting the microwave while electric fireplace was operating). Main 50 amp breaker is not tripped (tried resetting it anyway). Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

wdk450

It sounds like you know to flip and reset any suspect breaker switch (including the pediatal) . What you need right now, since electricity is invisible, is some way to know if it is present or not to locate the interruption point. See if you can get your hands on an AC voltmeter - ask your RV neighbors if you don't have one (every RVer should have one). If there is a Radio Shack nearby, or a hardware store, they have them.
If you can reach another power pedistal with your cord, try that. Most likely sources of problems are the pedistal, the main breakers, the shore power cable connections, and the transfer switch (if you have one).

Tigersden

Bill - I do have a volt meter which I used to confirm the 120V at the pedestal. Next step was to turn off 50amp breaker in coach, then reset the pedestal breaker. Then I disconnected and reconnected the power cord to the coach. I then turned the 50 amp breaker to on and I now have power !!!! I am not sure why my actions were successful - can't take any credit for figuring anything out but ... I'd rather be lucky than smart. Thank you Bill for your rapid response. Heartlanders are the best.