Access TV Back

We have a new 2018 North Trail and have been unable to pull out or access the wall-mounted TV. Cannot figure how to as the TV must be able to be moved outward so you could access the back.

danemayer

A lot of the TV mounting brackets have screws that lock the TV to the wall bracket. They typically have to be accessed from the bottom, sometimes using a mirror to guide your screwdriver. I've attached a drawing showing a side view of one type.

Attachments

• TV Mount Crimson_F46_TV_Mounting screw.jpg
    TV Mount Crimson_F46_TV_Mounting screw.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 65

Bogie

A lot of the TV mounting brackets have screws that lock the TV to the wall bracket. They typically have to be accessed from the bottom, sometimes using a mirror to guide your screwdriver. I've attached a drawing showing a side view of one type.

Ditto what Dan says. Just be aware that an ordinary phillips head screw driver may not work. My previous Sundance had security screws and required a Torx head bit to remove the screws.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
The mounts may have two pull chains that need to be pulled down to release the bottom of the TV which then pulls out and the TV will then lift out of the upper part of the mount. If the bottom is stressed by pulling out before the chains are pulled it can be extremely difficult to get the bottom released.

Use a mirror or even the camera on your smart phone to locate the pull chains.

txtinman

I used the attached manual for my TV mount. It may help you.

Attachments

• TV Mount crimson f46 installation instructions.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 39

Jim Posz

I just replaced the TV on my 2014 Sundance this morning. This unit has a bracket on the wall and a mounting bracket on the back of the set, connected by an arm about a foot long. On each end of the arm is a hole with a bolt and locking nut about 3/8 diameter fastened to the two brackets; used a 5/8" wrench to loosen it. It pulls in and out pretty hard and I think the adjustment is just a matter of loosening or tightening the bolt. You might look back there to see if it has a similar set up.