Air Conditioner draining (dripping) inside on to livingroom floor.

chiefneon

Howdy!

We haven't needed our air conditioners (AC) much in our recent travels, but on our return to Texas they are now in use. Yesterday we turned on the livingroom AC before leaving for a time. When we returned noticed a puddle of water on the livingroom floor (than goodness its not carpet). Its now happen twice and appears to be coming from the AC unit. So I'm just guessing it a clogged drain pan as they do drain on to the roof. Anyone know the proceedures for unclogging this before I get on to the roof and start taking thing apart? Would appreciate any help regarding this porblem. Also, no it hasn't rain lately.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

jimtoo

Also pull the inside cover and make sure it is sealed good between the discharge side and the intake side. Look in the discharge side and check the tape. It maybe loose.

Jim M

danemayer

Careful when removing the cover. If there are insects or wasps nesting inside, you don't want to overreact while on the roof.

donr827

ON mine there were some drain holes that let the water drain out. Take a bucket with all kinds of tools you might need before climbing onto the roof. Nothing worse then getting up and there and find out that you need a tool that you did not bring up.........Don

hoefler

Check to see if you have water running off the roof first. If you do, it is most likely condensation forming on the inside cover. It happens in more humid climates, particularly if you are just starting the A/C up after the windows have been open or running it for the first time in a while.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Check the 4 bolts that hold the A/C unit to the roof. Sometimes the gaskets shrink a little. Remove the inside cover and check them. Just don't over tighten them. After a few years mine were loose.