Alaska Trip

ultrafarmer

We are home from our trip. The Cyclone worked great, no problem's. I did lose my spare tire some where in Alberta ... I was parked at a rest area west of Edmonton with a another Cyclone and the next day when checking springs I seen the tire was gone. The trip was long and will not go again, can see just as good stuff in the western states.. The Maxxis tires worked very good.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ultrafarmer, It's good to hear your trip went well. There are other Heartlanders still up there enjoying the fishing and other things Alaska has to offer. Maybe one day Lin & I will make the trek. I hoping nest year either before or after the Gillette rally. A lot depends on our $$$$$ flow.:rolleyes:

porthole

Retired
Is your spare tire winch missing?

Something I found on mine and would suggest all Cyclone owners check. The winch was held in place by two 1/4" bolts and nuts, no washers.
The "slotted" mounting bracket on the winch has 5/16" openings.

I moved spare tire carrier forward for driveway clearance, In doing this I found that the 1/4" hex head bolt which is 7/16" wide, was pulled almost all the way through the 5/16" slot. Probably the only thing that kept me from losing a new, $500 17.5" tire and GY G114 was that I use a ratchet strap on the assembly as a precaution.