America's Best Campground (ABC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Jim Beletti said:
John and Sue should be arriving in Branson about now. If anyone else plans to be there the next couple weeks, consider looking them up. I think they're staying at ABC (America's Best Campground).

Thanks everyone for taking it easy on me in John's absence :) I've been busy working on rally stuff. About ready to go to print on the agenda, badges and other documents.

Jim
Is John checking ABC for the Rally site? How much longer do we have to be good? :D Ken

jbeletti

Hi Ken,

Aren't you always good? ;)

John and Sue had planned to be in Branson already and I asked him to do me the favor of doing an "eyes on" review of ABC for 2009 Rally planning.

I already have their rally packet with pics and DVD etc. Seems like a real nice place. The Suite Owners International Travel Club (SOITC) will be having hteir rally there yet this month. I know a few of those folks and hope get feedback from them from a rally attendee perspective.

We are already on their calendar with a non-binding commitment.

Be good :D

Jim

sislv

Tom & Sharol
ABC Campground

Jim........ Sharol and I stayed at the ABC Campground in Branson about 2 1/2 weeks ago. It was a nice looking CG but I was not pleased with the site we had. Most sites are fairly short and not completely level. We had a short, steep hill where the truck had to be and made it difficult to unhook, hook up and to park the truck.

Quite a few sites are that way. They do have a building that appears to be for meeting etc. but I think it would only hold about 50 people. The CG is located in a nice spot and not far from restaurants, the "Show Strip" and was nice and quiet. They have a decent RV/Truck wash area which I used.

I've attached a few pictures of the CG.

Tom

Attachments

• Parking.jpg
    Parking.jpg
    449.6 KB · Views: 69
  • Other Sites.jpg
    Other Sites.jpg
    530.2 KB · Views: 72

jbeletti

Hi Tom (and Sharol),

Thanks for the pics and your observations on ABC. We're scouting for about 100-125 sites and a building that holds about 200-300.

See you in Goshen in a few weeks!

Jim

J-W&E

sislv said:
Jim........ Sharol and I stayed at the ABC Campground in Branson about 2 1/2 weeks ago. It was a nice looking CG but I was not pleased with the site we had. Most sites are fairly short and not completely level. We had a short, steep hill where the truck had to be and made it difficult to unhook, hook up and to park the truck.

Quite a few sites are that way. They do have a building that appears to be for meeting etc. but I think it would only hold about 50 people. The CG is located in a nice spot and not far from restaurants, the "Show Strip" and was nice and quiet. They have a decent RV/Truck wash area which I used.

I've attached a few pictures of the CG.

Tom

We drove through and looked at ABC last year when we were in Branson. The whole park is on a hill side and the sites are short and uneven just as Sharol observed.

jayc

Legendary Member
The IRV2 group which includes the Texas Boomers will have their National Rally at the ABC in July. I'll be glad to relate any experiences from the group from Texas that is planning to go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.