Andersen hitch

Oldelevatorman

Is anyone towing with the Andersen hitch and if so how does it do for you?
Does Heartland say yes or no? If no then a moot point. Thanks

Dumboldles

Yes, I was introduced and set up with an Andersen hitch by my dealer (a Heartland dealer). I have only positive results towing with it and really like the ability to easily remove and reinstall it. I store it in my basement storage compartments. I have the steel model and looking to replace it with the 35lb aluminum model.

Dumboldles

Garypowell

Love it! I still plan to post pic's but have rail version in 2015 3500. Very smooth take off , stop, and ride.

ldprice47

Just started using the Anderson Hitch and have the aluminum one. When you hook up, you know you are hooked up. No more checking to see if the jaws engaged and worrying about dropping the 5th on the bed. Very easy to put and take out of truck bed. Have the puck system in my Super Duty and just put in the ball and attached hitch.

Lynn1130

This has been a recent topic but it you check the bottom of the page here you will find a list of threads on the Andersen that may be helpful.

Gaffer

Learn how to remove it from the pin box if you take it anywhere for service. Many have been dropped while being moved by forklift.

Lynn1130

I don't know about "many" but there was a video of one that was dropped. I cannot even recall if it was an Andersen. In most cases, if you purchase it, you install it so you should know how to remove it which is pretty simple. I took mine in for service and the shop removed and reinstalled it. It is not really a big deal.