another level up question

Bobby A

We are heading back to Goshen to have the level up system installed at the beginning of the month as we are heading south for the winter. Now that you all have had time to play with your new level up systems after the rally, I was wondering if you all could give me your feed back on do's and don't and possibly a step by step procedure list that has been proven to work for you. From what I understand there is no paper work or instruction manual, I've heard that after the install they will show you how to use it and then pat you on the behind and your on your own !! My fear is, what happens when things don't work like they are suppose to and your out in no where land and you need help. I'm just thinking in advance hear, cause I know nothing about the level up system or how to work it and I'm really NOT that smart.

Thanks,
Bobby A

danemayer

I have the 4 point factory installed levelup system. When unhooking, turn the control panel ON and press the front button to extend the front landing jacks until the front of the RV is high enough to disconnect the truck and pull away. Before you pull away, make sure you're really high enough that the weight is really on the jacks. You should be able to wiggle the hitch. After pulling the truck away, press the AUTO button and the levelup does the rest. Tip: If the site is way off level, with the front sitting low, you might want to first put down blocks or boards before extending the front jacks. The shorter the jack extension, the more stable the rig will be. If the site is really, really unlevel, you may have to go to manual mode, but this usually happens only in front of my house.

When ready to hook back up, press the control panel ON button. The rear stabilizers should automatically begin retracting. If they're stuck, you can free them up by going to manual mode and extending the rear landing jacks slightly. Then go to stabilizer mode and manually retract the stabilizers. After the stabilizers are up, go to manual mode, press the retract button, and press the rear button to retract the rear jacks, at least partially. That way they won't be loaded when you next extend the front jacks.

The new units are supposed to remember the height of the front jacks before you last hit the AUTO button. I think you push the left/right buttons at the same time to get the front jacks to return to that position (not sure if you have to be in manual mode before doing this). You can also get there by going to manual mode and pressing the front button to extend the front jacks to the height to engage the hitch. I usually have to fine tune this. If your left/right alignment to the hitch is slightly off (on unlevel ground for example) you can push the left or right buttons to shift the RV slightly for better alignment.

Once you're hitched, retract the front jacks enough to put the weight on the hitch, but not enough to cause damage if the hitch didn't really lock, and test to make sure the hitch really locked. Finally go to RETRACT ALL mode and press Enter to retract all the landing jacks. Turn the control panel OFF (it will automatically shut off after a couple of minutes).

I've attached a couple of files that are reasonably current, although they may not be the latest.

Attachments

• Hydraulic_Leveling_5th_Wheel_Operation_&_Service_Manual.pdf
    31.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Hydraulic_Leveling_5th_Wheel_Control_Panel_Usage.pdf
    269.4 KB · Views: 19

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
We are heading back to Goshen to have the level up system installed at the beginning of the month as we are heading south for the winter. Now that you all have had time to play with your new level up systems after the rally, I was wondering if you all could give me your feed back on do's and don't and possibly a step by step procedure list that has been proven to work for you. From what I understand there is no paper work or instruction manual, I've heard that after the install they will show you how to use it and then pat you on the behind and your on your own !! My fear is, what happens when things don't work like they are suppose to and your out in no where land and you need help. I'm just thinking in advance hear, cause I know nothing about the level up system or how to work it and I'm really NOT that smart.

Thanks,
Bobby A

Bobby its really not that complicated , sure do love mine. Here is the manual for mine........http://www.lci1.com/OwnersManuals/Leveling/3-14-11-Level-UpAutomatic.pdf

Bobby A

Looks like I posted a pretty good thread, thanks for all the replys and thanks to Ken for posting the manual, if you don't mind I will print it and then probably have more questions. I welcome more replys.

Thanks again everybody,
Bobby A

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Looks like I posted a pretty good thread, thanks for all the replys and thanks to Ken for posting the manual, if you don't mind I will print it and then probably have more questions. I welcome more replys.

Thanks again everybody,
Bobby A

Bobby , Lippert has PDF's on most of there products on there website. Its sometimes hard to find them but they are generally there hiding somewhere. Just let me know if you have anymore questions , did I say I really love mine. LOL........Ken

shelsay

If your system operates like ours, you need to be sure you pull your TV fully forward from underneath your unit. When Dave pushes "auto level", our system lowers the front of the fifth wheel to its lowest position. Then, it raises it appropriately. Really enjoy having this option.

Pat

ATLJOHN

We had the level up system installed after the Goshen rally and they gave me a instruction manual. The sticker they add to the door gives great instructions. I am sure you will love the system. I would never have another rig without it.

Just plan for a long day in Goshen.
I just adjusted my brakes yesterday and just a touch of the button the wheels are off the ground. I was able to adjust my brakes in less then 20 minutes.

Bobby A

Finally got it installed, works as good as everyone said it would. Last nights stay the sites was so uneven it had the off door side tires off the ground, todays site is no better because now the door side tires are off the ground. This is not gonna create a problem will it ?? Another question, when we level, one of the ways we know its level is by our bedroom door and bathroon doors and if they stay open and don't swing,(kinda a pet peeve of mine) to stay open. But since the level up has been installed one or the other door will remain open (not both), but the rest of the coach seems level. Any thoughts ??
Thanks so much,
Bobby

ihsolutions

This will be totally unhelpful to the OP but I am laughing as I type this. My favorite line from the Goshen rally was the Lippert Level-up technician, taking questions after his session, repeatedly asking people "How old is your brain??" :)

For those who don't know he's referring to the brain of the level-up system, not the individual using it... though that might have also been a factor!

ATLJOHN

Well we have our level system for sometime now and love it. We where camping last weekend and my driver side wheels was off the ground about 3 inches. Not sure if I could have leveled it manually with boards. I also used the jacks to lift my rig to adjust the brakes. Wow was able to do all 4 wheels in less then 45 minutes. Best money I have could have spent. Also my front jack switch stills works so I can lift the front to unhook my truck. Then just turn on the main switch and hit auto level. Just to have make sure I pull my truck from the trailer otherwise I will have a shorter bed.

Bobby A

Well we have our level system for sometime now and love it. We where camping last weekend and my driver side wheels was off the ground about 3 inches. Not sure if I could have leveled it manually with boards. I also used the jacks to lift my rig to adjust the brakes. Wow was able to do all 4 wheels in less then 45 minutes. Best money I have could have spent. Also my front jack switch stills works so I can lift the front to unhook my truck. Then just turn on the main switch and hit auto level. Just to have make sure I pull my truck from the trailer otherwise I will have a shorter bed.

Yes, thats how mine is installed, I like being able to use the original front landing switch to disconnect from the TV