another level up thought

Bobby A

We are in our warm camping home for the winter (6 months) without moving the rig. I was wondering if is necessary to do a relevel on the level up system after a few months in one place ?? I've read on other threads about air/bubbles in the system, so the thought occured to me to do a relevel to keep the fluid moving a little ?? Just a dumb thought !!
I think I have also heard to pull the hydraulic slides in and out if extended for long periods of time, but I think that might be to keep the slide seals from sticking ?? not sure ! can't remember

Thanks,
Bobby

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
If you have the stick on level indicators on the rig, just check them once in a while to verify you're still "on the bubble".:cool: Once we set up, I usually leave the slides alone but I suppose it wouldn't hurt a thing to cycle them. It's a good way to make sure there are no surprises when you get ready to head north.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We leave the slides extended from early May until late September. No problems in three summers of use. Fortunately, I don't have to worry about air bubbles in the jacks. Loose electrons maybe, but not air bubbles.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We had our Level-Up installed in June of '09...we sit each winter for six months. Not once have we had to re-level, nor pull the slides in and out. It's a closed system...once the initial air bubbles are removed, unless there is some sort of breach, air cannot enter the system....

Bobby A

O.K. thanks guys, I guess it was a silly question but I'm out of good questions for the time being, and thats a GOOD thing !!