Are they now putting in 3 A/C's?

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I have read a number of posts about having A/C's put into the new trailers.. Some are talking about having 3 A/C's. That should keep it cool in the summer if you're in Texas.. I have seen 3 A/C's in some of the upscale MH's but few in trailers.

How many are looking for this? What would this do to the current draw on 50Amp..

BC

jimtoo

Bob,,, I think they are putting 3 A/C's only on some of the Cyclones that are special order.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
My dad works at Camping World in Katy, Texas. They had a 4100 delivered about 6 weeks ago with a 3rd A/C above the garage. It's an option like the 2nd A/C is. Roughly an $1000 option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 3 HD

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I know there are several motor homes out there running 2 A/C units on 30 amp service but they have an energy management system system that restricts both units from "starting up" at the same time. Don't know how it works but maybe the 3 A/C Cyclones have that same or similar type system???

ILH

I spoke with an experienced mechanic who said that many people are installing the 3rd a/c unit with a seperate 30 amp cable. This means the trailer will have both a 50 amp and a 30 amp cable.