ATF: Bighorn - Light over exterior door

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Why are there so many Bighorns and Big Country's that have the exterior door light offset from the center of the door? I wouldn't accept a unit with this offset so what is the thinking from the engineers or brand managers on this? Thanks

jbeletti

Mark good question! This is being addressed with Engineering as I type. The team is on it. Which one do you want, BH or BC? :)

Garypowell

It is an interesting question but most of the lights on my homes have been off to the side of the door. Plus being on the side saves wire....granted not much....but every foot counts towards the bottom line.

It also could be with the awning out.....the sensor might not have the "view" it needs to work appropriately.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Mark good question! This is being addressed with Engineering as I type. The team is on it. Which one do you want, BH or BC? :)

I am thinking we will eventually get back into a Bighorn. I will be looking them over pretty hard for the next few years hoping
for some better options like IS and Disk brakes from the factory for one example.

jbeletti

I am thinking we will eventually get back into a Bighorn. I will be looking them over pretty hard for the next few years hoping for some better options like IS and Disk brakes from the factory for one example.

Bighorn is an amazing platform. As for Independent Suspension and Disc Brakes from the factory - don't see that happening but I certainly would not let that be a heavily weighted deciding factor when it's going to be very easily obtainable by you, living 1 state over. Plus, many dealers are willing to coordinate the installation logistics with MORryde.

I think the issue you may be thinking about is, "what about the value of the removed components" when IS is installed after-market. That's a valid concern. Not sure everyone knows this, but Tom Montague offers a coupon to all LM365 buyers for MORryde IS/DB. This coupon helps take a small amount of sting out of the upgrade. to my knowledge, this is not being offered on BH at this time.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Bighorn is an amazing platform. As for Independent Suspension and Disc Brakes from the factory - don't see that happening but I certainly would not let that be a heavily weighted deciding factor when it's going to be very easily obtainable by you, living 1 state over. Plus, many dealers are willing to coordinate the installation logistics with MORryde.

I think the issue you may be thinking about is, "what about the value of the removed components" when IS is installed after-market. That's a valid concern. Not sure everyone knows this, but Tom Montague offers a coupon to all LM365 buyers for MORryde IS/DB. This coupon helps take a small amount of sting out of the upgrade. to my knowledge, this is not being offered on BH at this time.

Wish I had one when we got ours done a year ago. :)