ATF: Bighorn - replacement tv

dwimberley

Dan & Connie
My 2 month old Bighorn was vandalized this weekend. The debroom tv was stolen and the window next to the dining table lower portion was pried open breaking the riviets. Here are my questions.
1. does Heartland record the serial number of the tv's when they are installed. Would like to provide the number to the police.
2. can I buy a replacement tv from Heartland. The brand I had was a Sansui HDLCD2212.
I'm not sure what the mount looked like on the back of the tv but the theif was nice enough to remove the screws and disconnect the cable.

Thank you for your time,
Dan Wimberley

jimtoo

Hi Dan,

I am really surprised the thief only took the one TV from the bedroom,, unless that's all you left.

I don't think Heartland records the tv's serial numbers, but in your owners pack you should have the warranty registration cards. These usually have the model numbers and serial numbers already on them. I'm sure you can buy another from Heartland and it might be best if you call Heartland Customer Service, 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. If you need some other parts to do the repairs to the window, you need to have some pictures of the damages maybe to help identify any parts.

Jim M

mesteve

The cost to replace from heartland would no doubt be more than a trip to wally world or any other big box store of choice to pick up a similar sized TV (especially with holiday sales going on). As for the mounting, they are pretty standardized VESA mounting patterns.

Westwind

I have a Sansui LED LCD TV that we took out of our previous TT and my wife has it in the kitchen and loves it, it I were to replace I know I would go with LED LCD, supposedly they use less juice. They really have good prices. The MSRP price list shows the price of the bedroom TV for insurance purposes. Also the mounting bracket is a standard type which should fit most TV's that you buy these days.
I'm sorry to hear about the damage to your FW.

K

karykatz

Dan W

here is your serial number for your 22" TV. Sansui Model 3212B Serial #1134

You can order a replacemnet from Heartland or get your own 22" it should fit on the bracket.
I hope this helps

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Welcome to the club. We were hit Dec. 31, 2010, and they got both TV's and broke the door glass and inner screen. Let your insurance take care of it and next time remove all valuables and electronics when you put the rig in storage. Then put a big sign on the door and window that you've done that.

Westwind

Our FW is stored next to the house (Yes I'm lucky), I had it locked up but after reading this post went out and locked up the front compartment and large storage compartment. Yes is made me a little/lot whatever paranoid.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We've had the baggage doors "popped" open and stuff taken while ours was in storage. We added combination locks on all three latches for each of the baggage doors... This makes it MUCH harder for someone to slip a screwdriver in and pop the lock. We now remove all valuables after each trip.

Erika

dwimberley

Dan & Connie
Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions and thank you Kary for the TV information. I doubt the police will find the TV unless the offender is dumb enough to pawn it locally. You never know.
Either way I'm out $500.00+ to fix the window. I have found a new more secure location for the FW and will move it ASAP.
I guess I need to look at this as another leasson in RVing, but going forward nothing of value will be left in the rig and big sign will be posted stating such.
I will call Heartland today to ask questions about the window replacement. I'm not sure the repair shop who quoted $513.00 is giving me a fair price.