ATF: Sundance - Gray Tank Drainage Problems

RTSTRT

We have a 2010 Sundance 3300SK and noticed toward the end of the camping season last fall, that the gray tanks were not fully emptying at the dump stations. We had inadvertantly left a gray tank valve open during the drive home and experienced a large amount of water being dumped from the unit during the drive. It concerned me that we were not fully dumping the gray tanks. Today I tried to test the drainage system by putting 3 gallons of water in each gray tank (3 in shower and 3 in kitchen). I then opened each valve seperately to see how much water I would get to drain out. With the camper level, zero water came out of either gray tank. I then added another 3 gallons of water to the kitchen tank and tried again. Out of the 6 gallons now in the kitchen tank, only about 2 gallons slowly drained out. I then raised the nose of the fifth wheel to maximum extension, and got about another 2 gallons slowly draining out of the kitchen tank. At this point the shower gray tank started to barely dribble out. I was not able to drain the 3 gallons I put in that tank. I would like to know if this is a design issue in the Sundance that might be warranted so that I can go back to my dealer to try to get this rectified.
Thanks for your assistance.
Randy Truitt

D

Dave Willis

I am sending this over to our Service Department. I'm not sure why it's not all draining out. I'm sure they will be able help you though.

Thanks,

sandman

Hey Randy, My sundance is a 2007 and i have had that problem since i owned it. My tanks are round on the bottom, so the outlets are higher than the bottom of the tanks, dont know why the wouldn't make a flat bottom tank but go figure.:)