ATF: Sundance - some type of alarm beeping won't stop

tfuldner

This is the first time since I've owned my 2007 Sundance 3200ES a continual beeping sound. I've heard this before when battery is low. But the beeping sound now will come on when on AC power is in control. No battery connected. It starts up after I have plugged in the camper and stays on. I last used the camper in August - no issues. How do i get the beeping sound to stop. Where is it coming from? Is it some carbon monoxide detector? Is it some LP detector? is a smoke alarm. Do I have to have DC power for it to stop? It seems odd to me that it comes on after a minute of AC power and won't stop beeping. It's not really a beep but an irritating sound that hurts your ears. Definitely something like a low battery warning. I need to get this fixed for the weekend.

olcoon

We had that issue this spring. I traced it down to the LP Detector, couldn't get it to quit. Tried to flush it out by blowing in it & no help. Come to find out, they are supposed to last for about 5 years, our rig is 3 years old. Apparently one thing that that will cause it to fail is excessive dust getting inside. Last summer we volunteered for the Forest Service in Wyoming-pretty dusty area, then last winter we gate guarded in Texas and it was real dusty there. I finally removed it from the wall, & cut the power line, bought a new one installed it & things have been fine since. The LP detector will be located low, just off the floor, on our Elk Ridge, it's near the door. Also there may be a low battery in one of the other detectors. Hope this helps.

Gaffer

The LP detector will do that when it reaches end of life. Should last 5 years. Mine didn't.

Last edited:

TXTiger

When first reading this thread I thought it could be low batteries in the smoke, carbon monoxide or LP detectors. Didn't know that the LP detector was wired in so did not know why the alarm was only when hooked into power. That would drive me nuts. Hope my unit lasts close to 5 years.

danemayer

Where is it coming from?
Hi tfuldner,

The three likely sources of the beeping are 1) LP detector, 2) Carbon Monoxide Detector, 3) Smoke/Fire Detector. If it's a frequent/continuous noise, you should be able to tell by getting right next to each of those devices. As you get your ear close, if it's the right one it'll get louder.

I know that a lot of us have age-appropriate hearing. Depending on the frequency of the beep, I might have to get someone younger to help me find the source.

If it's the LP detector, you might want to pull it away from the wall and check for moisture inside the wall. If it's the Carbon Monoxide detector, you'll want to replace the batteries and make sure they're in correctly.

On a 2007 rig, you're probably at or near end-of-life on all three devices and should probably get new ones.

olcoon

That would drive me nuts. Hope my unit lasts close to 5 years.

Tony, from where you are, you can walk!!! I'll be there to greet you with some Fireball & a treat for Layla!!! :):D:rolleyes: