audio receiver

When we bought our 3010RE it had previously been a one owner but it was a repo. Apparently either the previous owners or the repo company decided that they wanted several things to include the bedroom tv and the entire audio system. left me with some wires. I am thinking about just putting in a regular home stereo receiver. Any thoughts on this. Is this a good idea or not. If so any recommendations on what to get and how to wire it. If it is not a good idea and I should stick to a 12 v system any recommendations on what to get?

thanks

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
While I've been a stereo nut all of my life, I like having the built-in stuff in the RV instead of the big house stereo stuff.

Nothing to pack up (except the BluRay player) before we roll.

David-and-Cheryl

The original equipment system was probably not 12v. Our 2013 Landmark came with a Sony DAVTZ 140 "DVD home theater system" that was 120v. It sounded OK, but all it could do was play DVDs (not Blu-Ray) and AM/FM radio. It had no inputs for other sources. When we started full-timing, I replaced it with the audio system that we had in our sticks & bricks house--a Yamaha A/V receiver, Panasonic Blu-Ray player, DirecTV receiver, Apple TV, and Roku Streaming Stick. Now I have a wide choice of sources, and everything plays through the surround speakers. Oh, and I have a Harmony remote to control it all. ;)

farside291

We have the Samsung all-in-one home theater in a box. Not 12V but sure sounds better than what came in the Big Country. Plumbed it right into the existing speakers.

OK someone help me figure this out. I decided to go with a regular in house audio system. If I play the Blue ray through the tv - no problem but if I try and hook the receiver to the speakers, I get nothing. Any suggestions.

danemayer

OK someone help me figure this out. I decided to go with a regular in house audio system. If I play the Blue ray through the tv - no problem but if I try and hook the receiver to the speakers, I get nothing. Any suggestions.

Does the audio system you purchased have amplified speaker outputs that you're hooking to the speakers?

farside291

I was able to attach the existing wires to the wires that came with the all in one home theater system, Samsung HT-6500WM. I just cut the wires and used some Walmart splices to reattach the wires. Then I plugged all the speaker wires back into the home theater receiver. I plugged the HDMI from BluRay to Home Theater input, Satellite into Home Theater input. Ran Optical from TV audio in to Home Theater input (used for Smart TV functions like Netflix and Skype before it was deleted). Ran HDMI from Home Theater Out to TV and disabled the audio on TV. What ever I select on Home Theater that's the video on TV, all audio comes from Home Theater through speakers.