Auto slide hitch

bfs

I purchased the AUTO SLIDE when i had an older 5th wheel that needed a truck with a full length bed, now I really don't need the AUTO SLIDE because my 2013 BIG COUNTRY can be used with a standard no slide hitch, but I'm stuck with the AUTO SLIDE, which is a PAIN use. The OEM keeps trying to improve it but I'm getting tired of being their testing department.
If anyone has had simular experience please comment.

branson4020

Icantre Member
My Pullrite is now on its third truck and has been completely trouble free. Other than being heavy, which makes it more challenging to remove, what is the problem?

bfs

Thanks for your comment.
I now am receiving my second replacement in two years. The latest problem is a broken weld under the head that holds the whole turning unit togeather at the bottom. My units were made by DEMCO, the HIJACKER. Yours must have been made the Canadian company, before DEMCO purchased the design. They are great taking care of problems, but enough is enough.
Thanks
Frank

donr827

I have had my Pullrite slider for 10 years and no problems. If I was use I would try to sell your hitch and use the proceeds to buy a new non-slider.
Don

bfs

Hey, thanks for the advise.
I am thinking about that, but I have the under bed mount and the 2" holes in the bed. I have been wondering if any other manufacturer's hitch, like Reese or B&W would fit. I really don't want to go back with the Hitch Hiker.
Any further advise would be appreciated.
Have a great day.
Frank

pday1213

Hey, thanks for the advise.
I am thinking about that, but I have the under bed mount and the 2" holes in the bed. I have been wondering if any other manufacturer's hitch, like Reese or B&W would fit. I really don't want to go back with the Hitch Hiker.
Any further advise would be appreciated.
Have a great day.
Frank
Frank,
I have the B&W OEM Ford Companion RVK3300 hitch rated for 20K and fits right into the Ford towing option package pucks. It is a non-slider and I have been towing my BH 3270RS with it for over 2 months and it gives me 8" bed clearance and I can make turns and tight clearance. Easy to hook and unhook with no problems so far. I purchased from e-trailer online with free shipping. Attached a couple pics for you.
Phil
IMG_0822.JPGIMG_0824.JPGIMG_0826.JPG

bfs

Man that's a beautiful setup!
If I was buying a new truck I would definitly get that with the truck.
Maybe etrailer can help with my problem, which is my under bed mount fitting anything but DEMCO's HiJacker. I'm not sure, but I think I'm stuck with DEMCO.
Thanks for your input and happy trails.
Frank