Awning Issue Resolved

Aandaar

So this past week we were in AZ for granddaughters graduation. One evening the wind kicked up and before I could get the awning closed. It looks like a part of it pulled from the track that secures it to the wall.

Also this side of the awning does not seem to close as tight as the other side. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get that end piece back in the track?

860c9ec276718a86e6288defa6bee6fc.jpg
cdc55dd8358ddbb9c51c29d7bce42db1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roller4tan

Re: Having Awning Issue

looking at the photos. the awning did not role up straight (the layers aren't on top of each other). This is caused by the awning shifting on the roller or from the short section not connected. If that part is not torn, but only pulled from the track, you should be able to pry the track apart, reinsert the awning and crimp it tight with a pair of pliers. Open the awning about 10" and push the roller back toward the trailer to give you slack. If the awning is ripped there, then I have no solution.

Aandaar

looking at the photos. the awning did not role up straight (the layers aren't on top of each other). This is caused by the awning shifting on the roller or from the short section not connected. If that part is not torn, but only pulled from the track, you should be able to pry the track apart, reinsert the awning and crimp it tight with a pair of pliers. Open the awning about 10" and push the roller back toward the trailer to give you slack. If the awning is ripped there, then I have no solution.

I inspected it and it is not ripped.

Once I get it back in the track. Do I extend the awning to full extension and the roll it back in?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

If one end is rolling up faster than the other, either the whole thing is installed cockeyed, or one of the arms is misaligned, sticking and causing it's side to drag a bit. When fully retracted, take a look at the arms to see if they're both fully seated or if one side is out of position.

Noofear

The same thing happened to me, if you use a little bit of soap on that nylon anchor Rod whatever you want to call it, it'll make it a lot easier pushing it back in and then what I did to keep the awning from shifting again, I put a screw in it the end.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Roller4tan

Mine usually shifts on the tube end. With the awning fully extended, I grab the vinyl and pull it toward me with the end of the tube up against my chest. Spraying soapy water in the channels help it to slide. The direction you have to pull is usually opposite of the offset fully retracted. I guess the offset roll up usually occurs because the awning may bounce some in the wind, I'm not sure.:confused:

Aandaar

If one end is rolling up faster than the other, either the whole thing is installed cockeyed, or one of the arms is misaligned, sticking and causing it's side to drag a bit. When fully retracted, take a look at the arms to see if they're both fully seated or if one side is out of position.

So yes this side is just a little loose when it it fully closed.

Aandaar

Not sure how to change the title. My awning issue has been fixed doing the suggestions posted within. Thank you all.