Bad smell inside when flushing black tank....

Rupe4

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem....

I have a 2013 Landmark San Antonio. When I dump my black tank I connect my flush hose and turn it on. When flushing the black tank I get a really bad smell inside the coach. I know the seal on the toilet is good. I cannot determine where the smell is coming from. With the tank vented to the roof I would think that the smell would go out there. I keep the drain valve open during the process. It seems strange because it seams that it just started doing this about 7 or 8 months ago..... Really puzzled..........

Lou_and_Bette

I had the same problem until I went up on the roof and sealed the gap between the vent pipe and the hole in the roof. My gap was large enough that I stuffed part of a plastic bag in the space before I caulked it. No more odor when flushing.

gbagamer

We installed a solar operated vent with fan and have no issues now with smell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rxbristol

Exactly. I sealed the gaps on my vent pipes and it eliminated the smell problem along with making sure there is water in the toilet so gases are not getting passed the flap seal.

I had the same problem until I went up on the roof and sealed the gap between the vent pipe and the hole in the roof. My gap was large enough that I stuffed part of a plastic bag in the space before I caulked it. No more odor when flushing.