Bathroom clogged

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
While at the national rally a couple of weeks ago, my black tank got clogged at the drain valve. I was able to free it up by opening the grey tank and that back washed the black valve and freed the clog. Highly likely your clog is similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wbbrowno

Rear bathroom in toy haler totally clogged with no flow to black tank at all...uggh

Yes the black is empty and drains well for main bathroom up front...the back bathroom toilet is clogged and the odor is in kitchwn as well....have plunged and used draino but still clogged

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Dumb, question. Doesnt your RW have 2 black tanks? If so, is the rear tank handle pulled to drain the tank? Was something like a tennis ball dropped in the toilet?

wbbrowno

Well nothing worked so will just live with it i guess....poo...only 1 black tank and it is sporless now....i wondet if being at sea level on the beach at port aransas has anything to do with no drainage

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Did you try running a plumbers snake back up drain line feeling for a blockage? Can pick up a cheapy at most any hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I guess you tried the 2 bags of ice then drive around to slosh it around trick.

porthole

Retired
Yes the black is empty and drains well for main bathroom up front...the back bathroom toilet is clogged and the odor is in kitchwn as well....have plunged and used draino but still clogged

Is it the toilet that is clogged or is the tank not draining?

danemayer

Have you looked really closely underneath the back half of the trailer to see if there is a rear sewer connection and dump valve back there?

porthole

Retired
Have you looked really closely underneath the back half of the trailer to see if there is a rear sewer connection and dump valve back there?

Funny you mention that. On the new Landmark that was at the national rally, there was a 1.5" ABS black pipe that came through the underbelly.

Thats it, just came through the corroplast

wbbrowno

Thx for all of the input...really helped alot...mystery solved....in fact there is another black tank in rear but the label reads clearly grey tank but it is not...uggh...upon draining everything back to normal...that was insane

porthole

Retired
2nd bathrooms usually combine both the sink and toilet into a single tank, so I guess either grey or black labeling could be correct. But, black would be more intuitive.

Maz

We have a 2011 Elkridge 5th wheel, which we bought in May of this year from a couple who had only used it twice. It is probably a good job that they did only use it twice because this weekend we discovered that our black tank was also clogged up and it would only let liquid out and no solids. My husband bought a snake and tried that, not much luck, he tried flushing, no luck there either. Things got a little more drastic after that, he removed the valve, had to cut the pipe, armed himself with a flashlight and mirror and managed to look inside the black water tank. You'll never guess what he found! The piece of plastic that Heartland drill out of the black water tank when they are fitting the pipes had fallen into the black tank and had lodged itself behind the valve, completely blocking the valve so no solids could come through. He managed to get it out, then he had to drain the tank. He put a tarp down and the next thing you know everything came out and he was covered yuk! We flushed with gallons of water until everything came out and was completely clean. Then he had to replace the valve and repair the pipe. We are lucky that he was able to do this himself or it would have cost us hundreds of dollars instead of the price of a snake and a new pair of coveralls. We live in our 5th wheel full-time so it would also have been inconvenient to have to up sticks and go to a dealer to get this fixed. I'm not sure if this is a big problem with Heartland or a one off, but it's certainly something that should be noted and may be the root of your problem too.