Bedroom slide 2021 cyclone 4006

I have only used/ set up my rig maybe 5 times and this time my bedroom slide opened but will not close and no motor noise when I got the button either in the manual button or on my phone. I think the bedroom has an electric motor where the other side is hydraulic, but I'm not sure. Where would the manual operation be or the electrical for it? I have checked breakers and fuses and they look good. Do I have to get under the bed to find this stuff? There is a "handle" mounted in my storage but I don't know if that's for my spare tire (which doesn't Mahe sense) or for something manual????
Please help me before I call the dealership and do some *** chewing!!!

david-steph2018

On our 2018 Road Warrior the motor is on top of the bedroom slide out. What year is your Cyclone? On our unit, out in the front battery compartment above the batteries are a row of breakers. These are not like the breakers in a power panel. These are little breakers covered with a red boot. Some of these are auto reset some are not. You should feel each breaker and see if you can feel a reset button.
Sometimes these go bad, and you will need to check with a multimeter to see if one is bad.

Good thing, if one is bad you can buy at an auto parts store for a few dollars.

I found the motor on the top of the slide out inside the bedroom. I could teach the wires, juggled them a bit and it worked. But I'm not sure how that facia board comes off without doing it off!!!
It's all covered with vinyl

Attachments

• 20220316_085617.jpg
    20220316_085617.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 26

david-steph2018

I found the motor on the top of the slide out inside the bedroom. I could teach the wires, juggled them a bit and it worked. But I'm not sure how that facia board comes off without doing it off!!!
It's all covered with vinyl
That part I can't help with, our is wood and held on by pin nailing. But if you run the slide in, can you reach the motor. It seems you have a loose connection in there. When the gearbox went out last May on us, I was able to get it replaced without removing the facia.
If you are having issues reaching it, you may be able to get a mobile tech in to fix it. If under the 1-year warranty, you may get a PRE-AUTHORIZED by HEARTLAND to come out for you.
Keep us updated.

You are a smart man!!! Didn't think about sliding it in to make it easier. I will check it out tonight!
Thanks for all your help and will keep you posted

That part I can't help with, our is wood and held on by pin nailing. But if you run the slide in, can you reach the motor. It seems you have a loose connection in there. When the gearbox went out last May on us, I was able to get it replaced without removing the facia.
If you are having issues reaching it, you may be able to get a mobile tech in to fix it. If under the 1-year warranty, you may get a PRE-AUTHORIZED by HEARTLAND to come out for you.
Keep us updated.
If the motor is not working how do you manually run this slide in?

david-steph2018

If the motor is not working how do you manually run this slide in?
First, which slide do you have on the rig? Different methods for different slide mechanism.
Up in the "Tools" tab is owner's manuals, there are several manuals on slide mechanisms.
Can you tell us which slide mechanism you have on the slide?

First, which slide do you have on the rig? Different methods for different slide mechanism.
Up in the "Tools" tab is owner's manuals, there are several manuals on slide mechanisms.
Can you tell us which slide mechanism you have on the slide?
I can’t remember what it’s called. It’s the slide that goes in and out using a set of 4 cables on the outside of the slide.

Dahillbilly

Bal system; you should have a flexable shaft tool that fits a drill on one end & the other end goes into the motor end plug opening. Using the drill then you can move the slide manually. Getting to get motor is the problem normally you have to remove the trim moulding as the motor is mounted near the center of the slide. Good luck

Bal system; you should have a flexable shaft tool that fits a drill on one end & the other end goes into the motor end plug opening. Using the drill then you can move the slide manually. Getting to get motor is the problem normally you have to remove the trim moulding as the motor is mounted near the center of the slide. Good luck
Is the decorative facia piece just held on by staples. I’m not seeing any obvious way to remove it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    781.9 KB · Views: 9

david-steph2018

The facia is usually held in place with pin nails. Use a pry bar and gently remove the trim.
Now when our slide-out's gearbox was changed out, the trim did not need to be removed. I could reach over the top and get to the gearbox. One issue with our bedroom slide. Once it is closed, you cannot get out of the bedroom.