Best FL to NH rv route

wehavefun

I 95 will be your most direct and least amount of hills, of course traffic will be heavy especially around Washington, Baltimore and New York.

If you don't mind hills and like scenery you could venture I 95 into South Carolina take 26 to Charlotte then 77 N to 81 N thru Virginia, W Va, Maryland and PA. Following 81 N to Binghamton, NY and take 88 N to Albany area then from there you can choose your best route to your final destination in New Hampshire.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I 95 will be your most direct and least amount of hills, of course traffic will be heavy especially around Washington, Baltimore and New York.

If you don't mind hills and like scenery you could venture I 95 into South Carolina take 26 to Charlotte then 77 N to 81 N thru Virginia, W Va, Maryland and PA. Following 81 N to Binghamton, NY and take 88 N to Albany area then from there you can choose your best route to your final destination in New Hampshire.

As quoted with another option to exit 81N above Scranton PA to 84N toward Hartford CT where various routes exist north and northeast to NH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NHCelt

We do this trip a lot, and have found that our first choice southbound is usually to take the Tappan Zee bridge around metro NY, and then continue westerly to I-81 south, then rte. 66 (near Strausberg Va) to 17 over to Rte 95.

Having said that, if time is important, Rte 95 is the most direct...or if bad weather then the Rte 95 to the DelMaVa penninsula and then over the Cheasapeake Bay bridge (plan well as there are some low tunnels in Norfolk, VA area) will keep you nearer to the warmer waters and out of the mountains on Rte. 81.

For the most part, the George Washington bridge and cross bronx expressway should not enter your mind...they can be horrible and the cross bronx is the worst road we have ever been on.

If you choose 95, then you have to go around Baltimore and over the John Phillips Souza bridge. Also, don't try to tow the interior route through Washington DC as there is a low tunnel.

All of these routes have advantages/disadvantages..'pm me if you have any questins.....

NHCelt

Bohemian

"Come to think of it, you can't get there from here" Bert & I

We travel those roads frequently. Each route has real problems. IMHO, the best simplest route is I95 all the way. Traffic through Richmond, VA all the way to Boston can be horrible. Very horrible. Traveling at night will make it easy. Night is after about 10:00 pm and before 6:00 am.

Travel no faster than the exact speed limit in VA at any time in any place.

NHCelt

"Come to think of it, you can't get there from here" Bert & I

We travel those roads frequently. Each route has real problems. IMHO, the best simplest route is I95 all the way. Traffic through Richmond, VA all the way to Boston can be horrible. Very horrible. Traveling at night will make it easy. Night is after about 10:00 pm and before 6:00 am.

Travel no faster than the exact speed limit in VA at any time in any place.

Friend of mine just found out about that the hard way...seems they are funding the state through speeding fines!

Birchwood

This is the route we travel to Florida from New Brunswick for the last 7 years 95>495>90>84>15>91>691>84>87>287>78>81>66>19>95>295>95>295> then its your choice as we stay east seems if you go 10 west and then 75 south you can avoid I4 through Orlando that could be time consuming.

macjj

Contact Westwind, I think he makes this run regularly for some years

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk