Best Florida Winter Time Campgrounds

rdufek

Looking to relocate to Florida this Fall. Plan on arriving within an hour of Orlando in late September and then look for a Brick and Mortar home. Looking for recommendations as to where to stay, potentially for 3 months and possibly through the snow bird migration. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You in advance ..... Ready.. Set.. Go....

TrailCreek

Make sure you reserve early. Most good places are booked by summer for late fall, winter.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Bobby A

Well, we live and work in a wonderful family owner and operated RV resort in Port Richey, its more than an hour from Orlando though. Once you see the prices for sites around that area you may just start looking elsewhere. If your interested shoot me a PM and I will give you more info. Like the previous post said, book you site early !!

Bobby A

oldelmer1

We stay in Olde Mill Stream campground located I. Umatilla Florida. About 500 sites, 55 and over, tons of activities, and about 1 hour north of Orlando. Sites are 40 x 60 with a concrete patio. No cable or wifi at the site but wifi at the rec hall and lodge buildings. Cost is about $806. a month which Includes $50 towards your electric. Campground is about 30 years old, so there are so.e park models that look 30 years old.

There is a new campground in Summerfield Fl. called Sunkist rv resort, very nice place, but it might be a little too north for you, but close to I75.

rdufek

We stay in Olde Mill Stream campground located I. Umatilla Florida. About 500 sites, 55 and over, tons of activities, and about 1 hour north of Orlando. Sites are 40 x 60 with a concrete patio. No cable or wifi at the site but wifi at the rec hall and lodge buildings. Cost is about $806. a month which Includes $50 towards your electric. Campground is about 30 years old, so there are so.e park models that look 30 years old.

There is a new campground in Summerfield Fl. called Sunkist rv resort, very nice place, but it might be a little too north for you, but close to I75.

Thank You!!! For your reply. I will definitely be checking those out.

MTPockets

We had a great time for three months at KOA in Kissimmee, FL. Very nice park at reasonable monthly rate....

oldelmer1

your welcome.

Sunkist RV park is off of Rt 441, or Rt 27, its right behind a Camping world at 14200 S. US Highway 441 in Summerfield, FL, but there is no road noise. Its right down the road from Markets of Marion farmers market and not far from the Villages. I believe they charge $875/month and the DO HAVE WIFI & CABLE included in the monthly fee.

I really liked it a lot, no shade cause its new, it was our plan B if we couldn't get back into Olde Mill stream(OMS), they do a 6x6, meaning anyone who stays for less than 6 months can get bumped by someone who wants your site for 6 month. Of course, you get an option to switch to 6 months before the other people take your site for next year. Out site is undesirable so no one ever wants it. We get afternoon sun and we have no trees cause a tornado went thru a few years back and our trees on each side of us went down. Oh, and the water is horrible in OMS, as is in lots of the area.

Hope this helps.

rdufek

We had a great time for three months at KOA in Kissimmee, FL. Very nice park at reasonable monthly rate....

Thank You
Will Check it out

Bob & Valerie

- - - Updated - - -

your welcome.

Sunkist RV park is off of Rt 441, or Rt 27, its right behind a Camping world at 14200 S. US Highway 441 in Summerfield, FL, but there is no road noise. Its right down the road from Markets of Marion farmers market and not far from the Villages. I believe they charge $875/month and the DO HAVE WIFI & CABLE included in the monthly fee.

I really liked it a lot, no shade cause its new, it was our plan B if we couldn't get back into Olde Mill stream(OMS), they do a 6x6, meaning anyone who stays for less than 6 months can get bumped by someone who wants your site for 6 month. Of course, you get an option to switch to 6 months before the other people take your site for next year. Out site is undesirable so no one ever wants it. We get afternoon sun and we have no trees cause a tornado went thru a few years back and our trees on each side of us went down. Oh, and the water is horrible in OMS, as is in lots of the area.

Hope this helps.

Thank You Again!!! It does help, I was not sure what the 6x6 meant and explanation was great!