Best sewer hose?

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
I used a 4" - 3" reducer; rubber w/clamps. Same FERNCO brand from HD. I slip the 4" end up over the connections on the RV and tighten. Never had any problems. I connect both my dumps together with a "Y" fitting. They have the rubber couplings and elbows, as well.

Attachments

• HT 007.JPG
    HT 007.JPG
    570.7 KB · Views: 59

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I used a 4" - 3" reducer; rubber w/clamps. Same FERNCO brand from HD. I slip the 4" end up over the connections on the RV and tighten. Never had any problems. I connect both my dumps together with a "Y" fitting. They have the rubber couplings and elbows, as well.

Thanks for the info.

JohnDar

I used a 3" 90 degree elbow into a "Blue-line" quick disconnect into a doughnut (Sponge ring).

I am really close also: I used less than 2 feet of conduit.

My inventory (From memory...) in order form RV outward was:

1 four prong HD 3" converter (RV to 3" conduit)
1 - 3" X 2' PVC schedule 40
2 - 90 degree 3" elbows
2 - 3" PVC couplings
1 - 3" quick disconnect (Tapers down)
1 - Sponge ring

Since I have a personalized parking space at the local Home Depot, I'll have to look for that converter next time I'm there. Thanks.

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
Since I have a personalized parking space at the local Home Depot, I'll have to look for that converter next time I'm there. Thanks.

I actually bought it at an RV parts place. Look for the Heavy Duty one with four prongs instead of two. Everything else is at HD.

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
Here are pics from my set-up. The length of pipe between couplings IS NOT glued. My experience is if supported properly this is not necessary. The purpose is for changing locations and distances down the road (Literally!!!). All I need to do is cut different length pipes and I am ready to go again.

Attachments

• Pipe1.jpg
    Pipe1.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 81
  • Pipe2.jpg
    Pipe2.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 75
  • Pipe3.jpg
    Pipe3.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 74

JohnDar

Here are pics from my set-up. The length of pipe between couplings IS NOT glued. My experience is if supported properly this is not necessary. The purpose is for changing locations and distances down the road (Literally!!!). All I need to do is cut different length pipes and I am ready to go again.

Pretty slick, Ron. Maybe a bead of silicone grease around the joints might insure no leaks, yet leave it easy to disassemble.

talley

Here are pics from my set-up. The length of pipe between couplings IS NOT glued. My experience is if supported properly this is not necessary. The purpose is for changing locations and distances down the road (Literally!!!). All I need to do is cut different length pipes and I am ready to go again.[/QUOTE

Part of the "dump hose" setup I use with the macerator pump is 1 1/2" PVC cut into 5' sections; use only number of sections necessary and are easy to handle and store.. I join the sections with threaded connectors (don't want any accidents). Same could be done with 3" PVC for those with concerns about seperation of the PVC sections.

Last edited:

JohnDar

Ron, who makes that bayonet adapter you've got there? I've been searching the 'net and can't locate anything like it. Unfortunately, the price sticker in your photo is covering the label.

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
Ron, who makes that bayonet adapter you've got there? I've been searching the 'net and can't locate anything like it. Unfortunately, the price sticker in your photo is covering the label.

It is a Valterra 4-prong! I bought it at Georgia Mountain RV. 706-896-1000 If you need more info or to get it for you just let me know.

Last edited:

jbeletti

Polychute

It's new. Thoughts?

Jim

Attachments

• 06_Nozzle_and_Seal_3.jpg
    06_Nozzle_and_Seal_3.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 06_Nozzle_and_Seal_2.jpg
    06_Nozzle_and_Seal_2.jpg
    742 KB · Views: 57
  • 06_Nozzle_and_Seal_1.jpg
    06_Nozzle_and_Seal_1.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 05_Full_Kit.jpg
    05_Full_Kit.jpg
    667.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 03_Container_2.jpg
    03_Container_2.jpg
    316.2 KB · Views: 47
  • 07_RV_End_Closed.jpg
    07_RV_End_Closed.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 08_RV_End_Open_1.jpg
    08_RV_End_Open_1.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 08_RV_End_Open_2.jpg
    08_RV_End_Open_2.jpg
    631.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 08_RV_End_Side_1.jpg
    08_RV_End_Side_1.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 42

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
My total was around $25 guessing and I just do not like the "slinky!" No matter how you dress it up (Or color it...) it is still a slinky!

Bighurt

Part of the "dump hose" setup I use with the Macerator pump is 1 1/2" PVC cut into 5' sections; use only number of sections necessary and are easy to handle and store.. I join the sections with threaded connectors (don't want any accidents). Same could be done with 3" PVC for those with concerns about separation of the PVC sections.

I have yet to see threaded 3" PVC fittings at any store including plumbing suppliers, I know there are a few sites that have a few. But threaded fittings beyond the 2" size is going to be a tall order.