Big Country 3250 water tank

jnbhobe

can anyone help me on how I fill my fresh water tank. Just purchased and can't get water into the tank.

What happens when you try?? If the water keeps pushing back out you may have a blocked vent line. Try to blow it out or pull the slack out of it

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
The vent is the small round hole covered with screen in the UDC. Sometimes water can get in and restrict the flow. Like John said, try clearing the vent before taking things apart. I did this by putting a piece of hose around the hole and simply blew into it. I also found with our Big Country if I filled the tank at a slower rate it would take the water without overflowing.

Best Wishes!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
It could be any of 3 problems. The vent hose has some water in it. The vent hose is set too low or kinked. Or you could be trying to fill it too fast. The only way you will know if the vent hose is kinked or too low is to either take it back to your dealer or drop the underbelly and look for yourself.

SilverRhino

I have found that the only way I can get the water into the tank on our BC is to do it.....SLOWLY!

Checked out the vent hose....No kinks or water. Finely, I just turned down the water pressure and now it works fine. Oh......I also use a piece of washing machine hose with one end removed.......I thread that into the water fill........This also seems to help in getting the water tank full. Good Luck!

Travel Safe!