Big Country in Gig Harbor

2010augusta

We had a Big Country pull in and setup here at Gig Harbor RV Resort this week, but have not been able to make contact with the owners yet. I checked the HOP and no one has re-positioned here. Maybe this weekend someone will be around.

CrazyScotsman

Well if I knew you were in Gig Harbor I would have stopped in, I was up in Paulsbo getting a load about 3 weeks ago, I spent almost 2 days there.

2010augusta

yep we will be in Gig Harbor for the foreseeable future, although 3 weeks ago we were in a hotel in Purdy, as the Landmark was in the body shop in Fife.

CrazyScotsman

Fife is the name of the county I am from in Scotland. It is the only Kingdom in Scotland... Kingdom of Fife. Also home of golf at St Andrews , which is about 5 miles from my mum's house.

cwax

Hi, I'm interested in your opinion of the Gig Harbor RV Resort. Our son and his family are in Silverdale and we haven't found a park that we like close by. We pass through Gig Harbor on our way to and from Seatac and I think it's so picturesque. It would be about a 30 mile drive to our son's house, but if the facilities are good, it may be worthwhile to stay there. We especially need to know about the wi-fi signal there. So far we haven't taken an RV to visit them because of the limited facilities in that area, but we'd like to spend a couple of months with our grandkids.

2010augusta

It is a good campground, but not really a resort. The wifi is limited to the office, but it is very easy to get a modem from Comcast for Hi-speed. the campground is on the side of a hill, so some sites are terraced, and some roads are steep. there are many large trees and our site backs-up to large blackberry bushes. We have had no issues with power, water, or sewer. they handle mail very well. In the summer they have a nice pool. The sites are very close to level and the pet areas are pretty nice. I have no real complaints about it and the monthly rates are reasonable, $475 the first month and $375 for the rest. Staff is very friendly. Any more questions just PM or email me.