Big Country - Tank Flush Valves

I have just purchased a 3900 FLS which will be delivered this weekend and am somewhat confused. The specs say "Universal Docking Center with Black Tank Flush and Exterior shower" but the valve shown there is a grey tank flush. The two valves under the camper are marked waste and grey. Which one is the black tank flush?
I have images but it will not allow me to attach

danemayer

Hi 37417,

Congratulations on the new Big Country and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

The handles that you pull are connected to "dump valves". When your tanks are full, you pull them to let the contents drain by way of the sewer outlet, through your sewer hose, to the campground sewer.

The Black Tank Flush is a water hose connection that permits you to run water into the black tank while dumping the tank. The water you add helps empty the solids and paper out of the tank.

For more information, consult our owner-written Water Systems Guide in this folder.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thank you for the reply and the warm welcome! However it does not answer my question, i have been living in our JAYCO 5th wheeler for tow years so i know how they work. What i want to know is should i go by how the tanks are marked on the trailer, or by what the specs say?
I suppose it is easy enough to test once i get it delivered 2 days from now.

danemayer

Thank you for the reply and the warm welcome! However it does not answer my question, i have been living in our JAYCO 5th wheeler for tow years so i know how they work. What i want to know is should i go by how the tanks are marked on the trailer, or by what the specs say?
I suppose it is easy enough to test once i get it delivered 2 days from now.

It's a simple matter to test which is which to verify the labeling.

jerryjay11

I'd go along with testing to ensure which is which. Out TT valve decals are reversed so I was surprised the first time I used them. Good thing we hadn't camped yet and I was just doing a "Dry Run" or maybe "Wet Run" test.

It sounds like there is a possibility that they could be marked wrong judging from the comments. As soon as it arrives ill test them to see.

Did the test and found that the tanks were marked wrong, grey tank #2 is actually the black or waste tank