Bighorn -vs- Big Country

Razduck

We were mulling over the very same questions a week or so ago, before we decided to go with Big Country over Big Horn. We noticed a few differences like upgraded interior refinements & nicer carpet. The Big Horn also gets Hydraulic Front Landing Gear, over the Big Country's Electric Landing Gear. To us, the differences did not justify the difference in cost between the two Heartland 5th Wheel Models. I'm not saying that our decision will fit your criteria and budget. Which ever one you choose, I know it will right for you. Just like the fact that we are very confident in our choice, we feel like this Big Country fits our budget, will be really great quality, and very reliable for a long time to come. Good Luck. :)

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
There used to be a thread that actually did a side-by-side comparison but I could not find it. What "Razduck" said above holds true for us also. In addition, we really liked the aesthetics of the Big Country from the color scheme to the vessel sink. Bryan Walczak, Big Country Brand Manager, made some interesting comments in the February Big Country Newsletter...

Dealers have been reporting that the Big Country product improvements are working!
With the addition of many more interior lights, improved wood matching, and upgraded
fabrics, Big Country sales are up. For years, Big Country has always been in the shadow
of the larger, more expensive, Heartland 5th wheels. NOT ANYMORE. Our new growth plan has been to move Big Country UP! Our plan is working based on the recent retail registrations. For the first time in Heartland history, Big Country has EXCEEDED Bighorn retail registrations.

Which ever Heartland you choose, no doubt it will be a great RV that you will surely enjoy for many years.

Best Wishes!

shovelguy

We absolutely love our Big Horn and wouldn't trade it for anything else. After three and a half years we are still pleased with our decision. And it took us three years to make that decision!!

MeanGene

Thanks for the replies. We're comparing a Bighorn 3410RE with a Big Country 3395RE right now. Real similar floorplan. Difference is the Big Country is a 2010 and the Bighorn is a 2011. Another difference is the Bighorn has a "real" door to close off the bedroom and the Big Country does not. I've had a side job as a cabinet maker for years, so I could easily build and install a door in the Big Country, so I suppose that's not a big sticking point. The wife get's migraines, so closing off the bedroom is a must. Her "not negotiable" criteria is the rig has to have a side aisle bath, and either model has that.

Choices, choices. LOL!

Geonkat

MeanGene,

If you are considering the BH 3410RE and have located one, you'd better buy it. According to the Heartland site, the 3410RE is listed as "dealer stock only". I assume this model is being discontinued. We really like the 3410RE floorplan as it allows easy access to all of the kitchen, the rear area and the bathroom with all slides closed. This makes loading and unloading for short trips so much easier. The features I like on the Bighorn would be the hydraulic landing gear and the selector valves which enable individual slide rooms to be opened or closed. The Bighorn offered a king bed which some Big Country's did not. The main reason we went with the Bighorn was to get the floorplan we liked. Weigh all the things important to your needs and factor in the price. Either way you go, you'll get a nice coach.

Happy Camping,
George

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
MeanGene,

If you are considering the BH 3410RE and have located one, you'd better buy it. According to the Heartland site, the 3410RE is listed as "dealer stock only". I assume this model is being discontinued. Happy Camping,
George

Not exactly. I believe that the "old" floorplan 3610RE is discontinued. The "new" floorplan is still in production. I think the new one is longer and has the mega shower as well as a few other minor changes. But still a 3610RE.

Peace
Dave

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
We recently purchased a BH 3185 after about a year of looking, comparing and attending shows. Our three companies were Jayco (Eagle), Keystone (Montana) and Heartland (Big Horn). Heartland won out because of what we saw and actually touched. I agree that there is something different for everyone and no one coach for everyone. So shop and look at vehicles then use all the info you have collected to make your decision. Take into consideration owners opinions with your needs. My wife and I are really excited and confident that we picked out the best setup up for us along with the best bang for our buck.

K

karykatz

You both are correct. the 3610RE has been changed with the 32" deep bedroom slide and Mega shower. The 3410RE has been discontinued. I hope this helps.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We recently purchased a BH 3185 after about a year of looking, comparing and attending shows. Our three companies were Jayco (Eagle), Keystone (Montana) and Heartland (Big Horn). Heartland won out because of what we saw and actually touched. I agree that there is something different for everyone and no one coach for everyone. So shop and look at vehicles then use all the info you have collected to make your decision. Take into consideration owners opinions with your needs. My wife and I are really excited and confident that we picked out the best setup up for us along with the best bang for our buck.

Hey guys, please let us know when you take delivery and by all means join the Owners Club. We're excited for you too!

caissiel

The BC has no individual hydraulic slide controls. But I was able to install them for around $250 and I realy like my system more then other systems on SOB's and BH.