Black box in the basement

We just bought a 22 bighorn traveler 32RS I am figuring everything out but the last thing. There is a thin black box that looks like it has a screen like an lcd screen. It’s mounted on the rear wall on the drivers side in the basement. It only has one button that says reset. No lights come on at all. Can anyone tell me what this is for? I have attached a photo of it. Thanks! Ron

Attachments

• IMG_5144.jpeg
    IMG_5144.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 17

david-steph2018

Do you have a Lippert Level-Up leveling system installed? It looks like the control panel for that system.
Push the small button to turn on, and see what the screen looks like.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Looks like the lippert one touch control panel for the level up system
Google it

Thanks for your reply. We do have the leveling system but the panel doesn’t have a on button only the reset button and when I press it nothing happens.

taskswap

That looks like this:

This is described as the LCI "MyRV" 406345 if it helps your research. A quick Google search turned up some newer versions with more buttons so I assume they had some later releases. There are no support docs on their Web site which is common for older products that were made before that was tradition.

You should probably contact them directly to find out what to do with it, but if my guess is correct this panel is not the device itself, but rather just the remote display, and you'll have a control unit somewhere (try removing cover/access panels near or behind the unit and looking for another black box just filled with wires, terminals, and relays.) That screen would be the control unit, a touch screen that operates things like your lights, awning, slides, etc. It's usually installed inside the coach near the kitchen but might have been in a storage compartment as a convenience since that's when you'd often activate those things (while setting up camp).

If it doesn't turn on either it's dead or the control unit is.

That looks like this:

This is described as the LCI "MyRV" 406345 if it helps your research. A quick Google search turned up some newer versions with more buttons so I assume they had some later releases. There are no support docs on their Web site which is common for older products that were made before that was tradition.

You should probably contact them directly to find out what to do with it, but if my guess is correct this panel is not the device itself, but rather just the remote display, and you'll have a control unit somewhere (try removing cover/access panels near or behind the unit and looking for another black box just filled with wires, terminals, and relays.) That screen would be the control unit, a touch screen that operates things like your lights, awning, slides, etc. It's usually installed inside the coach near the kitchen but might have been in a storage compartment as a convenience since that's when you'd often activate those things (while setting up camp).

If it doesn't turn on either it's dead or the control unit is.
Thanks for all the help on that. I suppose it is just a display. The actual controls for the leveling system on up front outside the trailer for the leveling system. Everything works so I am just not going to worry about it now I know that what it is.

david-steph2018

Thanks for all the help on that. I suppose it is just a display. The actual controls for the leveling system on up front outside the trailer for the leveling system. Everything works so I am just not going to worry about it now I know that what it is.
No, it is not "just a display".
You can use this to manual level the rig. You can use it to retract/extend front or rear legs or each side (right or left). For example, if you have a flat tire, you can use this panel to rise that side to change the tire.
Also, if a leg does not fully retract, this panel can help retract the leg.
There are also other screens on the panel, that gives you vary information about the rig.