Black Hose Carrier

crmfghtr

Hi Everyone, I would like to move the factory installed black hose carrier (46" D&W dwincorp.com Brand) above the bottom of the frame. I'm not sure if I can drill into the frame to mount it. I'm afraid there might be tanks on the other side, anyone know if the tanks are mounted on the inside of the frame which would prevent me from drilling into the frame? Or have other mounting location ideas. The factory installed hose carrier hangs below the frame and was victimized by a large piece of tire in the road which I couldn't avoid. It cracked one end, and tore off the door. Fortunately the hose still remained in the carrier.

brianharrison

To my knowledge the tanks are mounted near the middle of the unit and are not snug up to the inside of the frame rails running along the sides, There are wire looms (120V and 12V) that do run along the inside of the frame rails. I would be comfortable to drill a small hole (or self tapping small screw) into the middle of the frame rail, staying away from the edges. You may want to drop the underbelly screws in the general area and just look behind where you think you are going to relocate the black hose carrier to......

Hope this helps,
Brian

Dave49

Tanks may not be a problem but remember there is gas lines and wiring up there also. Best thing to do is take a couple of the screws out of the plastic so it will drop down and you can use your fingers up under there to see if anything may be in the way. Better safe than sorry there. Takes only a couple minutes to take a look. Just use some self taping screws once you know your safe. Be careful with the drilling of the frame for the screws as the drill bit is going to go up in there a long ways if caution is not used.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
For a while, I was carrying my coiled utility hose in a PVC pipe I suspended from the frame brackets using short bungee cords. When I changed to the self-shrinking hose (whatever it's called), I took it off since the 100 ft. of new hose fits in a small tote.

View attachment 26563

Garypowell

Crmfighter. I don't know the name of what I used but they are the "hangers" electricians use to attach lights to I beams. Got them at a big box store in the electrical area. They simply screw clamp onto one of the legs of the I and they have a threaded whole with a bolt supplied to attach whatever you want.

I used four of them....two on each side of the coach and some metal strapping to hold up the 5 in plastic post that I slung under the rig.

Works great. No holes to drill!

crmfghtr

After looking at the mounting brackets provided by Heartland, on the black hose carrier I think I can turn them around and the hose carrier will mount higher up above the bottom of the frame. I'm going to try this first before I resort to drilling. It seems to me I read that the frame is powder coated. I don't want any rust issues later. The frame still looks new after almost a year. Thanks for your help.

Birchwood

I just installed a 94 inch sewer hose carrier along the side.I used 3 galvanized 4 by 4 hangers in reverse as the mounting holes were 6 inches wide.To mount them on the frame I used one self taping screw for each bracket. The screws are the same used to mount the belly pan to the frame.Used galvanized bolts to mount carrier to bracket.Works great for a 20 ft hose storage.