Blocking some light that comes through the door window.

zigzag3337

The first time we got up and the sun was coming through the glass in the door, my wife said I had to come up with something. Here was my solution. Several of our camping friends has also done this and have been very pleased with the results.

Not knowing what I was getting into, I took my time and went very slowly removing the inside trim of the window. One of our camping friends said his window wanted to fall out when he removed the trim, so make sure you have an extra hand on it just in case this happens to you too.

875d57c9.jpg

Next I just measured the glass. Here it is without the trim.

a483ae0a.jpg

I bought some tinted plexiglass from Home Depot. I think it was less then $20 a sheet for their thinnest one. I bought two sheets as I have two doors on the Cyclone, but only ended up using one of them.

I then took the measurement from above and transferred it to the plexiglass.

fb115363.jpg

I used a razor knife and scribed it several times. Then I just snapped it by using the edge of the picnic table.

42886b6c.jpg

Once I had the plexiglass cut, I laid it up against the original glass that's still mounted in the camper's door.

876e44aa.jpg

Now it's time to reinstall the inside trim. The plexiglass is thin enough that I didn't have to cut the trim for it to fit.

48316baa.jpg

I had to get my little helper's assistance to give me a hand.

2ece6780.jpg

Completed.....Looks just like the rest of the windows too :)

c7d4dc9e.jpg

Hope this helps someone.

ParkIt

Subscribing, I'll need to do this soon and that is one slick way to do it.
Thanks for posting it up :)

4ever

Looks great. You did a good job on the install and also on the description & pics of the entire installation.

Thanks,

Ted