Bought a "new" North Trail built over a year ago.

CeeCee99

I recently took delivery of a 2014 Caliber North Trail 30RKDD. I discovered a sticker on the storage door saying it was built in Feb 2013. That means it sat outside for over a year. Never waxed, don't know if the tires ever rolled anywhere. Roof not treated. And, of course, a lot of rust underneath. What can I reasonably ask the dealer to do at this point? Any suggestions? It was discounted but it was presented to me as new. It was winterized the whole time, but if I had owned it, I would have taken better care in "storage".

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
If you already took delivery it may be too late.
I had my dealer recaulk any seam that I though had poor/failing caulk. Reseal the roof seam(s) on the slide out if it even looks like it needs it. Wash and wax it maybe possible from them. I would not worry too much about the tires but should (insist on it) make sure the tires are fully inflated before towing anywhere.

Come to the Iowa Chapter rally June 20-22 in Altoona, IA. This rally is practically in you backyard. We can compare our North trails. I have a 2010 31DBSS that I purchase as new in 2012. It had some issues but got those worked out and now am quite happy with my NT.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...0-2014-to-6-22-2014/page2?p=338988#post338988

danemayer

Hi CeeCee99,

I think it might be reasonable to ask them to give the caulking a thorough inspection since the manual calls for that to be done every 90 days. And recaulk where needed.