bugs in the toilet !!

ParkIt

I thought he meant the bugs were fun.

It can be when you turn on the fantastic fan. Not so fun part is vacuuming them off the screen.

ParkIt

Here is a video that may help:
RV Geeks is a good place to learn stuff but the guy that narrates it kinda drives me nuts. He has a weird cadence when he talks, not Christopher Walken weird, just "I don't know where the comma goes" kind of weird.
Christopher Walken would be awesome to narrate how to get bugs out of the toilet because he would use the whisper when saying the word "bugs, in your.....toilet".

Manzan

Another thing that would probably work is to put some chunks of dry ice in the holding tank--but not when empty. Do not use the toilet for as long as possible and the carbon dioxide should kill everything in there other than anaerobic bacteria and the eggs. The gas is heavier than air the same thing that puts fizz in a soda.

ParkIt

Another thing that would probably work is to put some chunks of dry ice in the holding tank--but not when empty. Do not use the toilet for as long as possible and the carbon dioxide should kill everything in there other than anaerobic bacteria and the eggs. The gas is heavier than air the same thing that puts fizz in a soda.
I'd be afraid it would crack the holding tank or at least leave it very brittle and have chunks of the tank break off. Not something I would try unless it was an experiment on a tank pulled from a totaled unit.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Another thing that would probably work is to put some chunks of dry ice in the holding tank--but not when empty. Do not use the toilet for as long as possible and the carbon dioxide should kill everything in there other than anaerobic bacteria and the eggs. The gas is heavicer than air the same thing that puts fizz in a soda.

Then you will have CO2 coming into your rig and fog also.

Manzan

With a few gallons of water in the tank, it can't get cold enough to cause a problem at all unless you put in enough dry ice to freeze the whole thing. How is the fog and CO2 going to get in the rig? And if it could, it would be next to the floor and all you would have to do is open the door(s) and let it out. It would take an incredible amount to fill up the living space and something seriously wrong with your toilet. The gases that form in the black tank would be far more dangerous.

truknutt

Committed Member
I thought this was a Country Song when I first read it ..."I've got bugs in the toilet.....a-gain! They come out when I open the...drain!".. Yee Haw!!

Rgill

Can't get it off my mind, HELP! After reading this thread I decided to give it some thought over a nice glass of tea. Sitting under my awning sipping tea I noticed a few tiny nats comming to the tea glass for a sip. Now I can't get rid of the question, "Who'es black tank did they come out of?"
Ray