Building a plastic lattice screen under the belly of the trailer aka skirting

patrick1945

The Missus wants me to build a lattice screen across the front and down 1 side of the trailer. The screen must be attached to the concrete but be moveable at the same time.

I am thinking about building a PT frame that would be attached yet remove-able and then screwing the plastic lattice to that frame. We own the lot but everything must be secured during the hurricane season.

Any thoughts or experiences (pictures would be ideal)?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Here's a thought on construction of your screen/framing. I did this for our deck to provide a little privacy and low angle sun screening. Wood is PT and the lattice is a double layer of a plastic coated/wood filler material from Lowe's. It also comes in white. I cut this one down recently to be only 24" tall because it caught too much breeze and was tilting the deck rail a bit (fixed that). The deck box is also one of my projects, made from cedar. The second photo is the screen on the opposite side, sized to fit under the fireplace overhang.

If you can secure it to the pad with concrete anchors, you could use a small C-clamp or self-tapping screws to attach it to the I-beam of the trailer frame.

View attachment 21932View attachment 21933