cabinet movement during glide operation

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
When we operate our kitchen glide (3580RL) there is a small amount of vertical direction movement of the front edge of the cabinet right side evidenced by the seperation of the countertop and the backsplash of abount 1/4" to 3/8". No movement at completion of the glide operation, just during operation. No leaks, no cracks, nothing but a little movement. We noticed when we bought it that there was a seperation in the silicone and never paid it any thought. Anyone ever see this, might be just the flex of the glideout during movement. Thanks.:confused:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I don't have a kitchen slide but I do know that the inner part of the slide raises up the settles back down when being extended. When bringing them in it will raise up and stay up a bit for travel. What sounds unusual is the part where you mentioned the back splash.

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
Thanks for the reply! The backsplash is the right side NOT the back. The right side extends from the outside of the glide to the front which makes what you stated an acceptable occurance I would guess.