Campground WiFi Service Survey

Would you purchase WiFi Upgrades to Stream Additional Video

• With 2 hours per day on each coupon, I would not purchase more.

Votes: 35 85.4%
  • I would purchase at least one upgrade during the week long stay.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I might purchase 2 upgrades during the week.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • I love to binge watch shows on Netflix and would purchase 3 or 4 upgrades.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • I would buy an upgrade every day.

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

danemayer

Here's the scenario:

You check in at a high-end campground for a week and the staff informs you that the weekly rate includes WiFi service. The basic service will allow you to do email, Facebook, the Heartland Forum, short Youtube videos, and even let you stream high definition video for about 2 hours per day. At check-in you'll get 2 coupon codes so you and your spouse can even watch different videos if you want.

Would you purchase a Movie Package for an additional $5 per day. The movie package would add enough data to your coupon code to stream another 3 hours of video.

In order to use the video streaming, you would need your own subscription to Netflix, Hulu, or another video service.

MTPockets

No. We never pay for or purchase wi-fi. Also, our campground stays have never been decided based on availability of wifi or cable for that matter...

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I have about 100 BluRay and regular DVD movies in the Prowler, plus an external hard drive with another 150-200 movies and several TV series on it, so we are pretty much covered for entertainment.

We don't subscribe to Netflix, Hulu or any of that, however I do Rabbit TV on my laptop and iPad for when we want to watch a Broncos game (I might pay for extra time to watch a Broncos game) or catch the news while camping where we don't have OTA or cable TV.

I suppose that if we were full-timers we might consider paying more for extra wifi . . . that is if it is good wifi, and not what we find in most RV parks.

Most campgrounds have pretty bad wifi, however, the best campground wifi I've ever experienced was at the Buena Vista, Colorado KOA last summer.

It was almost as fast as my Xfinity at the house!

Jeeper

No. I carry DVDs in the camper, have more digital movies on the Asus HD, with an HDMI out to the TV. If WiFi is needed, and not at the campground, my Tablet has 4GLTE on it, and streams very nicely...alas, no HDMI out on it, though...

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I wouldn't mind the option to buy more data usage, but I wouldn't necessarily stream movies. I often work on the road, using the best internet connection I can get-- park wifi, or my own cellular data connection (mifi), whichever is cheapest and fastest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I haven't found a park with strong enough WiFi to stream a movie. We use our Verizon MiFi box. I would like to see WiFi from my Dish network Satellite dish. And have it safe and secure. I really don't think I would want to pay the park for more data use.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
We use our cellular service if available for internet or the free campground wifi if available and not to slow. We have our DirecTV receiver and satellite dish with us. If we don't use that we have quite a few shows and movies recorded on it to watch.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We use the park's wifi as a rule but they are notoriously unstable so we use our Jetpack when necessary. I might use a couple of coupons from a park.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We use our Verizon data plan and JetPack for connectivity. Sometimes the CG WiFi is useable and we'll use it just to save on the data usage. Can't get a DISH signal on our site anymore, so I cancelled the subscription and use our MiFi to watch our favorite shows the day after they're on. OTA TV is iffy here, too, even with a Jack antenna.

OK, so it's a NO vote for me (your poll doesn't have that option)

Last edited:

danemayer

Let me refresh the scenario, so it doesn't get lost. Comments and explanations are interesting, but not necessary for what I'm doing.

Here's the scenario:

You check in at a high-end campground for a week and the staff informs you that the weekly rate includes WiFi service. The basic service will allow you to do email, Facebook, the Heartland Forum, short Youtube videos, and even let you stream high definition video for about 2 hours per day. At check-in you'll get 2 coupon codes so you and your spouse can even watch different videos if you want.

Would you purchase a Movie Package for an additional $5 per day. The movie package would add enough data to your coupon code to stream another 3 hours of video.

In order to use the video streaming, you would need your own subscription to Netflix, Hulu, or another video service.​

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Let me refresh the scenario, so it doesn't get lost. Comments and explanations are interesting, but not necessary for what I'm doing

. [/INDENT]

No...

Aandaar

Maybe. Would depend on if we had cell coverage.

Last two places we stayed at we had no Cell service with AT&T.

Chuck, Victoria, and Miss Callie

Bogie

Like many others, we would not use streaming at a park. Between DirectTV and my hard drive, we have plenty to keep us entertained.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Short answer no I would not purchase it, as we don't watch streaming videos.

If we are going to watch a video it is normally a Blu-ray or DVD . Trace

Status
Not open for further replies.