Carrier Air V a/c on life support...

PoppaJR

It's dying...that being said, have any of y'all ever located a replacement condenser fan(s) for both the interior blower fan and the exterior fan? This is the unit that has one motor and both fans on one shaft. Good news is that the compressor is still strong (so far) thus my trying to find a few parts to get by for a little while.
Thanks y'all

mlburst1

I replaced the motor in ours last winter with a used motor I bought from http://rvpartsmall.com/ in Sarasota, FL for $150.00.

Since we winter in Florida, it was a short drive to pick it up - not sure how much shipping would be.

It an easy job to replace the motor - the hardest part is removing the evaporator cover without breaking the plastic tabs.

We've used the A/C extensively since then and it's worked fine.

They had three in stock at that time.

Mike

wdk450

It's dying...that being said, have any of y'all ever located a replacement condenser fan(s) for both the interior blower fan and the exterior fan? This is the unit that has one motor and both fans on one shaft. Good news is that the compressor is still strong (so far) thus my trying to find a few parts to get by for a little while.
Thanks y'all

By doing some Google searches I found "Carrier RV air conditioner motors", and "Carrier RV air conditioner fans", but the parts are pricey.

You DO know that the Carrier Air Conditioning plant had a fire a few years back, another company bought the Carrier name, and they decided to get out of the RV air conditioner market at that time?

You MIGHT have some success if there is an RV scrapping/salvage operation in your area. Is there an general appliance parts store in your area? They might have a listing on this in their catalogues.

jimtoo

You might look around your area for a electric motor repair shop... some small mom and pop place, not any of the big guys. I have a place that I use in Corpus Christi, Dad and daughter place, they will repair just about any electric motor or sell a used one they have checked out for 1/4 what other places charge. Look around.

Jim M

PoppaJR

You might look around your area for a electric motor repair shop... some small mom and pop place, not any of the big guys. I have a place that I use in Corpus Christi, Dad and daughter place, they will repair just about any electric motor or sell a used one they have checked out for 1/4 what other places charge. Look around.

Jim M

Hey Jim! Great suggestion. Virginia at Garza's Electric Motor Repair in Corpus Christi, TX took good care of me. Very fast service and the old motor now works like it should. The price wasn't reasonable... it was cheap!
I searched the interweb until I was purple and couldn't find squat so this little shop was a life-saver.
All the best!

jimtoo

Hey Jim! Great suggestion. Virginia at Garza's Electric Motor Repair in Corpus Christi, TX took good care of me. Very fast service and the old motor now works like it should. The price wasn't reasonable... it was cheap!
I searched the interweb until I was purple and couldn't find squat so this little shop was a life-saver.
All the best!

Was this shop over by Wynn Seale School on Ayres St by chance? If so that's where I was speaking of.

Jim M