Cell signal booster BH 3570RL

B

BouseBill

For the next 6 months we are going to be in a lousy cell reception area. The wife and I drove down to our summer gig and the host spot is between two ridges with the river running through one side. Two bars max on the phone antenna indicator. I purchased the Home4G signal booster from "weboost" (AKA Wilson) and set it up. I mounted the outside antenna on the TV antenna and raised it to the full up position. Now I can rotate the antenna one click at a time to get the best reception. For now I did a "soft" install in that the cell antenna is attached to the vertical with wire ties. The RG-6 cable is routed along the roof side then in the kitchen slide out, alone the top of the inside slide where it is not visible.
the antenna "wings" are held on with a push pin and c clip so they will come off pretty easy, then I can mount the cell antenna to the vertical in a more secure manner at the very top.
We now have 4G and three to 4 bars according to the phone antenna.20150425_092333_resized.jpg

I noticed when I was on the roof that the OTA antenna also uses RG-6 75ohm cable. My curiosity is getting the better of me so my next little experiment will be to disconnect the antenna and plug the cell boost antenna into the TV cable, and see if I can get a signal over the factory run RG-6 cable, or if the TV booster with interfere with the cell signal. If there is no interference and the cell booster with work....well that would be the cats meow for sure.

wdk450

Bill:
I mounted the stubby magnet mount antenna for my Wilson Amplifier cradle on a piece of sheet metal I had previously glued to the rubber roof above the fireplace/computer desk.I ran the coax down the side of the trailer using the clear 3M Command hooks and cable ties, and brought the coax in trough a rear side window. This held in place on freeway speed driving.

These hooks are great for all sorts of stuff in the rig: http://www.walmart.com/ip/3M-Command-Mini-Hooks-Clear/16783495

B

BouseBill

With the Home4G system the two antennas must be at least 20' distance between. With the way I have them mounted they are right at about 25'. There is no interference between the two.