Changed up our closet

MCTalley

After looking at the closets in the newer 3690SL, we decided to do something about ours by removing the shelf, moving the rod up closer to the ceiling and adding wire rack shelving to the left side. Rather than copy/paste and upload a bunch of pictures again, I'll post a link to the blow by blow details on our blog. (Hopefully that's OK).

Read all about it here.

dalspot

I've been thinking we needed to cut that cubby box down too - thanks for posting how easy it is! I'd like to add another shelf to ours too, as we put our clock there and it needs to be up a bit higher.

Karen

VKTalley

I am enjoying our closet redo! It definitely works much better....now all I have to remember is which cube is which.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
What a nice job and great idea. I was wondering what ya'll did with the original shelf box but your last photo shows the end results. Thanks for the idea.

Nitehawk79

Great use of space. DW and I will be purchasing our first unit this week to live in, Cyclone 4100. This will help with some of the pain of moving from a 4 bedroom house to a home on wheels. I think this would work in the are where the washing machine hookup is.

jimtoo

Hi Nitehawk79,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you will have questions, as we all do, but the Heartland family is here to help. There have been lots of modifications made to units by the folks and almost all are willing to help when they can.

Moving from a 4 bedroom home to your Cyclone will be a major change for you.

Enjoy the forum and when you go to pickup your new Cyclone,, do a good, slow PDI.

Jim M

VKTalley

Great use of space. DW and I will be purchasing our first unit this week to live in, Cyclone 4100. This will help with some of the pain of moving from a 4 bedroom house to a home on wheels. I think this would work in the are where the washing machine hookup is.

Congrats on your new "home". Malcolm and I are also downsizing out of a 4 bedroom house (which our son is living in at the moment). It is an adventure in deciding what stays and what goes....but it can be done. The shelving idea would work great in the washer/dryer area. If we did not already have something else there, I would definitely put this type shelving there too.

kowAlski631

Exactly what we're doing. We are, thank goodness, approaching the end of this exercise & anxious to begin our full timer adventures!

ParkIt

Ours has a weird space on that side that is super narrow behind the 'book case' so I'm thinking of wire baskets for my hats. Not sure how well it will turn out, we'll see in a couple of weeks.
Good idea though and I've already looked at a few different wire shelf systems for the closet since not everything hangs to the floor...guess it helps to be short? ;)