City water connection

crussian

In the control center my city water connection is spewing water. I attempted to remove the plastic fixture but a side wall had screws in it. I removed the screws but apparently the carpeted backing is glued as well. A couple of pictures to visual help.

TIA

CR

jmarnell

One time we had an issue with water coming out of the city water connection when running the on board water pump. It was obvious the check valve in the city water connection was sticking open. I got it to close again by pushing on the spring loaded ball inside with a small screwdriver. To make sure it didn't happen again until I could replace it, I bought a simple garden hose shutoff adaptor and put it on the connection and kept it closed when using the on board water pump. Here's a similar one on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V4VT0Y...g&sr=1-2-9e67e56a-6f64-441f-a281-df67fc737124 . I keep this adaptor on all the time now just as a backup to the check valve.

crussian

Nice addition and no strain on the connectors. I wasn't running the water pump until I couldn't the city water connection to stop spewing water. Could be a valve stuck. Will try that next.

Still puzzled why they'd screw and glue the carpeted board.

Thanks again.

CR