City water questions?

newtorv

When I am hooked up to city water, my fresh water tank becomes full (is that normal) and also the level will drop after bathroom and kitchen use (is that normal as well) Brand new North Country and New to RVing :)

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
The normal explanation for this has to do with your fresh water pump allowing water to "back flow" into the tank while your hooked to city water. It's usually caused by some debris in the pump works. Sometimes cleaning the pump mechanism works but it's just easier to close the valve between the pump inlet and the tank. Ours did the same thing and we replaced the pump.
I can't figure out why the tank level would drop after use unless your pump is running as well. Sometimes you can find an experienced RVer in your campground that can help out. Seeing the problem makes it easier to solve. Most of us are pretty nice folks and love to help.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Just a thought, but check your monitor panel to be sure the pump switch isn't ON when you're hooked to city water. Some folks have complained about noisy pumps. Mine is pretty darn quiet.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
John makes a good point. BTW, are you using a good pressure regulator for your city water hose?? OH yea, never leave your water turned on if you leave for the day. BAD THINGS MIGHT HAPPEN.....just saying. Some RV owners have returned..opened the door to let the water out.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
John, a thought accured to me after my last post. Put soap on the carpets, leave the water on, then if you have a leak ...your carpets get washed. Surfs up????....in Michigan????...ROTFLOL