Colorado Springs

Flyerone

I am starting a job in Colorado Springs and would like to temporarily live in my Bighorn. Are there any RV parks in the area that offer monthly sites? How viable is living through the winter in my trailer? Any advice would be appreciated.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Mountaindale is southwest of CS but does have monthly rates and some full time sites. It is a very nice campground.

danemayer

Hi Flyerone,

The biggest problem you'll face is keeping the water running. Fortunately, we have an owner-written Water Systems Winter Usage Guide that'll give you the benefit of what others have learned.

You'll probably want one or two ceramic disc heaters to supplement the furnace. And if you can arrange to use a large external propane tank, you'll save yourself a lot of aggravation getting tanks refilled all the time.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I am starting a job in Colorado Springs and would like to temporarily live in my Bighorn. Are there any RV parks in the area that offer monthly sites? How viable is living through the winter in my trailer? Any advice would be appreciated.

Did you ever choose a spot in Colorado Springs?

Just wondering . . .

Anyone have any info on seasonal RV lot rentals near boulder? My daughter--and more importantly--my grandchildren are moving there this summer and I need to go help with the move. I need a space big enough for my 41' Landmark.

Thanks

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Boulder . . .

Anyone have any info on seasonal RV lot rentals near boulder? My daughter--and more importantly--my grandchildren are moving there this summer and I need to go help with the move. I need a space big enough for my 41' Landmark.

Thanks

As far as I know, there are no RV parks in Boulder anymore, but there are several in Golden, which is about 20 miles south of Boulder on Hwy 93, and a couple of choices in Loveland, which is about 30 miles away.

There used to be a couple of places in Lyons, but they were washed away in the flood (at least I didn't see them when we drove through there last summer).

How long do you plan to stay as there are several state park campgrounds in the area, but typically you can only stay in one spot for two weeks, then have to move to a different site.

rjr6150

Thanks

Rharvey742
Two parks that come to mind are Dakota Ridge right off of I70 west and the city park right in Golden. Both have FHU and are open all year