Comfort Control Center 2 Thermostat not working

Curt_Hinson

I have two 15K AC units on my 2014 Heartland Sequoia. The instructions for the Comfort Control Center 2 Thermostats says that you push any button to turn the thermostat on, then push the buttons for the operations you are interested in. The problem I am having is the front (bed room) AC thermostat will not turn on. I have pushed every button but it will not light up. I also checked the breaker switch and it was alright. I even flipped it off and then back on to make sure. Nothing happens. Any comments

Garypowell

Could be as simple as a loose wire or connector. Don't know exactly for that unit. Some are three wires and some use a phone jack.

Pull off the cover and you will see the screws to remove it from the walls. Check too up in the unit.

danemayer

Check the fuse box too. The thermostat uses 12V DC. In an idle state, the thermostat may not pull enough current to light up the fusebox LED, so you'll probably have to check fuses with a meter.

Curt_Hinson

Thanks to all respondees. Dan I had forgotten about the 12V fuses. For things of this nature, I like to use my little auto 12V test light. I couldn't find a ground to hook the alligator clip to, so I opened the front cabinet to see if I could find one there. Too my surprise, the floor of the cabinet above the fuses and circuit breakers was totally wet. We had left a gallon jug of water in there and it was crumpled in and only had about half of the water left in it. I dried everything up and pulled the fuse block completely away from the wall. I saw a few drops on the back of the fuse block. I bumped it against the floor, decided I would try the AC thermostat in the bedroom, and sure enought I had air in the bedroom. I came back and used my wife's hair drier to dry the fuse block. Everything is working right now.

One thing that puzzles me is the fact that only one fuse is labeled A/C. How could one work and not the other.

Oh well, bottom line - every now and then, a blind hog will find an acorn.

Thanks again