coroplas removal

sunriverman

I need to remove a good portion of my coroplas to repair a water leak and replace a grey tank valve.
looks like I will need to slit the material to get around the grey and black PVC lines.
What seems the best method to repair the coroplas liner? Appreciate your help.

Bob.jr

I need to remove a good portion of my coroplas to repair a water leak and replace a grey tank valve.
looks like I will need to slit the material to get around the grey and black PVC lines.
I have used black Gorilla tape. Make sure the area is clean so it sticks and stay on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I agree with Bob.jr.
That is the same thing I did.
I cleaned it good with Denatured Alcohol let dry and applied the 4" Gorilla Tape.
I applied 3 layers, 1st one centered over the cut, then layers 2 & 3 from half way point on 1st piece in each direction from there.
You will have a nice wide repair and less chance of something coming off.
Mine has been on for 6 years now, and still going strong.

Hockster

Oregon_Camper

While this is not cheap, this Scrim Shield Repair Tape was recommended by Dan Mayer ( danemayer ) it is hands down the best "tape" to repair the underbelly.

You can save a few $$$ and try using duct tape, but you'll come back later and buy this....trust me, I am speak from experience. :rolleyes:

Link to Amazon

81NLoZj9bmL._SL1500_.jpg

oldelmer1

You dont say which model camper you have, but on my Landmark, if I drop the coroplas at the back end of the front half, I can access all the tank valves.

Try it before you cut it.

Oregon_Camper

You dont say which model camper you have, but on my Landmark, if I drop the coroplas at the back end of the front half, I can access all the tank valves.

Try it before you cut it.

I have a Bighorn 3160EL (this is shown on my profile on left side of the screen on each post)

oldelmer1

I have a Bighorn 3160EL (this is shown on my profile on left side of the screen on each post)

Oregon_Camper, I know what kind of camper you have(its in your signature), I was referring to the OP.

But, I've never noticed that everyone has it listed on the left. :(

mlpeloquin

While this is not cheap, this Scrim Shield Repair Tape was recommended by Dan Mayer ( danemayer ) it is hands down the best "tape" to repair the underbelly.

You can save a few $$$ and try using duct tape, but you'll come back later and buy this....trust me, I am speak from experience. :rolleyes:

Link to Amazon

View attachment 55616

Just received my Scrim tape purchased from Amazon. Gorilla tape has held for two years and a lot of miles, but it is now just starting to come loose.

Abear79

All tape fails!! It lasted awhile. If that is what you want go for it, but I just replaced my whole liner. Camper World just cut mine to repair hydraulic hoses. I got tired of fixing it and just replaced it. Thank You Heartland with help on that.

Bogie

As others have said, tape is certainly required if you have to cut a hole.

I would add this from my own experience....Only cut the coroplas on three sides and pull it down, keeping one side in tact as a hing.
I prefer to keep the hing side towards the front, so any wind while traveling works in your favor. Also, if possible cut the flap so that part of it goes over a cross member. Then, you can put a single self tapping screw with a fender washer at the cross member to hold the flap in place. The screw serves two purposes. It helps to hold the flap mechanically and makes it easier to apply the tape.

DougS

Doug S
I have used Gorilla Tape then sprayed Flex Spray to hold the edges down and it’s seems to work for the last 6 months and looks neat.