Coroplast Question.....

TxRoadWarrior362

These pictures are from the front underbelly of our RW after warranty replacement/repairs to our grey water tank and plumbing.

I'm not sure what it looked like before the repair. Does this look like a proper installation of the coroplast?

Tim

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 297
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 272
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 274
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 263
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 261

rhodies1

These pictures are from the front underbelly of our RW after warranty replacement/repairs to our grey water tank and plumbing.

I'm not sure what it looked like before the repair. Does this look like a proper installation of the coroplast?

Tim

Absolutely Not,a 5 year old I'd could have done a better job.
This would not be accepted by myself from any dealer.I would contact Heartland and send the pictures to the service/ warranty dept and ask to have it re done properly.

Oregon_Camper

Did a blind monkey do that work?

That is utterly ridiculous. :mad:

You need to get the fixed properly.

If that is what they did to the coroplast, I can't even imagine the quality of work they did to your grey tank.

TxRoadWarrior362

I agree with you both. Wanted to see the responses to my question and pictures. I'm beyond disappointed! I wasn't about to leave it at the shop for them to screw it up again.

I'm calling Heartland tomorrow, followed up with an email.

My objective now is to drive the 18 hours to Elkhardt with my RW. Have Heartland repair this, and the questionable work on my roof replacement. Think I'll leave my tv there, and fly home.

Maybe I'll get screwed out of another vacation with my family because my Heartland is in the shop! :mad:

rhodies1

I agree with you both. Wanted to see the responses to my question and pictures. I'm beyond disappointed! I wasn't about to leave it at the shop for them to screw it up again.

I'm calling Heartland tomorrow, followed up with an email.

My objective now is to drive the 18 hours to Elkhardt with my RW. Have Heartland repair this, and the questionable work on my roof replacement. Think I'll leave my tv there, and fly home.

Maybe I'll get screwed out of another vacation with my family because my Heartland is in the shop! :mad:

I trust you will get good results from Heartland, Heartland should charge back the warranty costs to this dealer or not pay at all........its time these dealers understand that they cannot continue to perform crap work and expect to get paid.
If this type of work was being done on my rig and I was paying the bill,the dealer wouldn't get paid...

alwaysbusy

Tx,
Getting a good idea of the quality concerning a repair can be challenging through pics; however, I must admit there's a few things that don't look good from here. Having recently had a fresh water leak repair, my mind was made up on having the dealer drop the coroplast and not cut it. In the end, they cut a small access panel, screwed it shut and sealed around it. At first when they told me I was upset, but then actually liked the job they did, especially for future access. I began a thread on it and many here schooled me on coroplast repairs, it's challenges and the reality of future work needing done and having easy access to it when the warranty period ends. From several's experiences on here, once coroplast is dropped, it does not go back up the same.

I don't know of your roofing needs, but do know 18 hours is a long way as our 10 hours, 20 in two back to back days is a tiring long way. I know you been through two rounds on the roof but what's the chance you could have them do the belly with new? I know Heartland would expect the same dealer make it right.

rhodies1

Tx,
Getting a good idea of the quality concerning a repair can be challenging through pics; however, I must admit there's a few things that don't look good from here. Having recently had a fresh water leak repair, my mind was made up on having the dealer drop the coroplast and not cut it. In the end, they cut a small access panel, screwed it shut and sealed around it. At first when they told me I was upset, but then actually liked the job they did, especially for future access. I began a thread on it and many here schooled me on coroplast repairs, it's challenges and the reality of future work needing done and having easy access to it when the warranty period ends. From several's experiences on here, once coroplast is dropped, it does not go back up the same.

I don't know of your roofing needs, but do know 18 hours is a long way as our 10 hours, 20 in two back to back days is a tiring long way. I know you been through two rounds on the roof but what's the chance you could have them do the belly with new? I know Heartland would expect the same dealer make it right.[/QUOTE

Coroplast does go back up the same if it it cut on cross member beam,you simply put one side up ,put a self tapping screw to hold it and then put the other side up the same way.Once in place,put a row of screws with large washers down the seam,clean the coroplast and use Gorila tape to cover,did this task in the campground last summer due to a tank shift cutting off the water outlet nipple on the fresh water tank.you cannot tell that the coroplast was dropped except for the strip of tape..
The job completed by the dealer in this post was absolutely amateur,looks like they gave the job to a first day rookie with no supervision.

JMP

Agree with Oregon. I just took mine down to do some maintenance work. Put it back, and it lined right up.

sengli

In my mind, when I need warranty repairs for a grey tank issue. I thought the dealer would drop the coroplast and fix the problem and put it back up like new. Wow was I wrong. I was told by the service manager, that heartland or any other brand RV.. would not pay the extra hours of labor required to take the coroplast down for any under belly repairs. And when I complained about the hack job I got back, they looked at me like I was out of my mind expecting it to be like new. I had to use gorilla tape and fix the slices in mine on my own. Maybe that was just the dealer I dealt with, but luckily for me I haven't had to think about ever going back to them.

pegmikef

Agree with Oregon. I just took mine down to do some maintenance work. Put it back, and it lined right up.

When I dropped mine to replace a hydraulic line, I used a floor jack and a two by four to hold up the area I was screwing in and just kept moving the jack further down until I got to the end. I managed to even use the same holes. I did have to cut it in a couple of place because of pipes and used underbelly tape to repair the cuts after I had it reattached. I don't understand all the sagging on the OP's repair job.