Cudos to Goodyear and Lang's Tire and Auto in Amarillo TX.

rono

On our last trip in September to AZ we had a blow out first on the right front then on the left rear of or Bighorn. Did $2900 worth of damage to trailer. These tires were only a little over a year old and only had about 5k miles on them. But Thanks to Mr. Lang's suggestion of keeping the one blown carcass I had and turning in a claim on the damage to the trailer to Goodyear. Goodyear came through with paying for the damage and paying for the new tires (pro rated price of course). Thank you Bob Lang and Goodyear for standing behind your product. If you are near the Amarillo TX area and needs tires look Mr Lang up he's a straight up guy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jbeletti

rono - sorry for the bad luck on the Goodyears but happy to hear they're taking care of you.

Can you state which Goodyear tire model failed? Wondering if they were Marathons - though I've not known Heartland for putting Marathons on a Bighorn.

Perhaps they were G614 RST? It would be uncanny to have 2 blowouts on 1 year old G614s. Thanks.

rono

They were marathons and were not from the factory. I put them on a little over a year ago on another trip where I had 2 blowouts on the left side which were the factory tires. Our bighorn is a 2012. Sad thing is we were going to come home and put it up for sale because we are considering on ordering a new 3160el. Very thankful I didn't have to turn damage into my insurance company this time.

jbeletti

They were marathons and were not from the factory. I put them on a little over a year ago on another trip where I had 2 blowouts on the left side which were the factory tires. Our bighorn is a 2012. Sad thing is we were going to come home and put it up for sale because we are considering on ordering a new 3160el. Very thankful I didn't have to turn damage into my insurance company this time.

Thanks for circling back. I'm guessing your original tires were Towmax - not the tire industry's or RV manufacturer's best choice.

I'm no tire expert by any stretch, but I read a lot! Goodyear Marathons likely have their place at some level/weight class of RV, but not generally on your heavier units. This you have learned.

Wishing you all the best in your repairs and planned sale of your unit. Same with getting into a new 3160EL!