Curious about the age of other Owner's Club members

jimtoo

Re: Curios about the age of other Owner's Club members

Did I hear my name mentioned some where around here about not being able to see cause I'm getting old???? Welll ya'll better look out cause still got that button that says "Delete" :por "Erase" :D OOORRRR "BAN POSTER"..... :cool:

But we have been around for a while. Me 77, DW 75. Happily married 57. Still having fun.

Jim M

billk263

California-South Chapter Leaders

We are in our early fifties, been RVing for about 20 years. Started in a pickup truck with a shell, then a tent trailer. Bought a brand new class A and had it for 14 years and just got our 2016 Landmark 365 this past August.

Bill & Irene

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

Sounds like most are young pups. I'm 70 and Patty is 61. Been doing some kind of camping for 40 years. As stated, age is just a number. Remember, the older people can teach the younger ones somethings. We did not get this old by doing stupid things.

I thought that Jon was an old fart....but it seems BigJim and I have him beat. Now there is Jimtoo, he is the only one left from Custers last stand. Lov ya Jim2.

In closing you younger people should go to rallies and suck up all the wealth of knowledge out there.

I went two years ago and learned what I needed to do to put my air lift system on. Thanks Bob. Planed to go last year and learned how not to get out of the fifth wheel. Broke my leg and missed the rally. Going this year with Fireball!

BighornELK

I'm 60, wife is in early 50's (I'd get in trouble if I said exact age). We started camping with a Class C motorhome in 2012 and attended rallies with that group. I have to say we were the youngest, but always had a great time. Recently attended our first Heartland rally, and had a great time!!!!!!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

I know we're usually one of the youngest at rallies, but these folks have more energy and spunk than we do! Maybe it's because they're retired, and we're still working. We're just tired. ;)

elwaller39

Evans & Lana

I sure can not believe I and my wife are the oldest so far. I am 77 and my wife is 74 and still enjoy camping with our grand and great grand children. They do make us feel young when we are with them, but they tier us after a day playing with them.

farside291

I'm 55, DW is 53, married 34 wonderful years. Been RVing since the 80's. We've had 7 RVs starting with Pop up - travel trailer - slide in truck camper - fifthwheels (3 so far)

Dean-Pam

We are 59 and 67 and have been camping more years than we can remember, from Vanagon (VW) to tents, motorhomes and 5th wheels. We are both retired and loving it!

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
We are one of the younger couples. I was 38 when we joined and wife was 37. I will be 41 this year and she hits 40. There is one other active couple that we know of that is only a few years younger than us. But yes we are usually the babies at any event we go to. lol

MTPockets

My birth certificate says I'll be 70 this year.. My wife sometimes says I'm two. Decisions ocassionally prove we're still teen-agers. We seem to act like twenty-somethings at rallies... H***, I'm not really sure!

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
We are one of the younger couples. I was 38 when we joined and wife was 37. I will be 41 this year and she hits 40. There is one other active couple that we know of that is only a few years younger than us. But yes we are usually the babies at any event we go to. lol

You Dang kids and your loud music .....

shelsay

Dave and I are in our mid 70's physically--boy, is that hard to believe. How in the world did that old lady get in my mirror? We bought our first RV (truck camper) in the early 70's and have not been without one since. Love our Landmark.

avvidclif

You asked for age? Was that mentally or physically? Physically 69, mentally probably late teens early 20's judging from some of my decisions. DW is younger, over 10 yrs, no more said. Started camping in Cub Scouts in 50's in tents (never again). Over the years 2 bumper pulls (one an Airstream), Class A, Class C, and now on our third 5er. Camping as I write this....

Remember growing old is not an option, growing up is!

Manzan

75 Started back packing with folks when I was a kid. Tent camped after we got married in 1965, bought a tent trailer in '85, first hard side in '89, second in '04, North Trail in '11. Wife died in '14, just after our 49th anniversary. Still camping and loving the people in the club.

Roadventure

I'm turning 36 in July, DW same in Sept. We are brand new to RVing and will be fulltiming starting in June for 12-18 mo. in the lower 48, then possibly AK.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

I will be 56 in July . . .

Didn't mention that when I was I growing up in southern Michigan and northern Indiana we had a couple of bumper-pull travel trailers, then moved up to a Titan motor home and then a Midas mini home.

I started pulling trailers when I was 10 years old.

Then, when I grew up I bought a boat, then a house on the lake.

When we moved to Colorado in 1995 I sold the boat and we started tent camping in Colorado, New Mexico and Wyoming.

Got tired of sleeping on the ground so we bought an old beat up 1978 Coachman travel trailer (had it 13 years), then a 2013 Heartland Trail Runner, and our current 2015 Heartland Prowler.

CampSite-P9030033.jpg CheyenneMtnCO2014-IMG_2007.jpg ProwleratBlueMesa-P1010116.jpg