Cutting board/range topper

Hutch85

My wife was hoping for some sort of cover for the stove top of our TT (i.e. a little bit extra "counter" space for things), and a friend of ours showed us this mod. I've since seen reference to this in other forums, thought I'd post ours.

1) Find a wooden cutting board that's roughly the same dimension as the stovetop grate, in our case approximately 15" deep x 18" wide - we found an inexpensive 14 x 22" cutting board.
2) Purchase some screw-in rubber feet that are about 1/2" or so tall
3) Place the cutting board upside down (if it has a channeled top surface), then place the grate upside down on the cutting board, centered within the board
4) Attach the rubber feet to the cutting board, with the feet against the grate in a manner/pattern so that the board won't shift around (see 1st pic below for an example)
5) Voila, a cover (of sorts) for the stove top, and a functional cutting board that can still be used elsewhere

Of course, you don't want to light the burners with this in place, or place it on top of a hot stove top ;)

20141005_131500_resized.jpg 20141005_131657_resized.jpg

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
When we bought our BH, the folding stove cover was missing. Our saleswoman gave us a cutting board cover to replace it from the parts store.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Great idea, I have my cutting board under the stove cover when traveling and just flip up the cover when I arrive at the site. The cover keeps it in place.
The feet are a nice idea.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
You can buy them at Camping World . . .

They have several different styles of them.

We bought the black one as it matches the stove top.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
My wife was hoping for some sort of cover for the stove top of our TT (i.e. a little bit extra "counter" space for things), and a friend of ours showed us this mod. I've since seen reference to this in other forums, thought I'd post ours.

1) Find a wooden cutting board that's roughly the same dimension as the stovetop grate, in our case approximately 15" deep x 18" wide - we found an inexpensive 14 x 22" cutting board.
2) Purchase some screw-in rubber feet that are about 1/2" or so tall
3) Place the cutting board upside down (if it has a channeled top surface), then place the grate upside down on the cutting board, centered within the board
4) Attach the rubber feet to the cutting board, with the feet against the grate in a manner/pattern so that the board won't shift around (see 1st pic below for an example)
5) Voila, a cover (of sorts) for the stove top, and a functional cutting board that can still be used elsewhere

Of course, you don't want to light the burners with this in place, or place it on top of a hot stove top ;)

View attachment 32373 View attachment 32374

Ingenious Mod! Thanks for sharing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wdk450

This is a good tip. I already have the Camco Cutting board ( http://www.amazon.com/Camco-43753-Hardwood-Topper-Cutting/dp/B000EDOT8C ), and have been just sitting it on my range top during travel. I will add the feet. I was surprised to see on the Camco Amazon page referenced that Lippert also had a cutting board.

But the cutting board I use the most is a flat plastic sheet sitting on my kitchen island composite countertop. You can get these at the dollar stores.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
This is what ours looks like. It has rubber feet on the bottom that fit into the grate to hold it in place.