Cyclone 3800 2nd AC Install - Need Help ASAP

lucey

So our Cyclone 3800 came with only one AC unit from the factory but it does have the 2nd AC prep up front. I understand Heartland uses another 15,000btu AC unit like middle unit i believe and would like to have it installed in front bedroom. I would like another thermostat on the wall instead of ceiling mounted controls. I would like to know the answers to the following from this who had a second AC installed after the fact:

1. Did you just add a direct vent AC unit or a ducted model ? If it was ducted did they cut into the existing ducting and block front bedroom and bathroom from the middle AC unit ? If it was a direct vent only model does it help the middle unit become more effective overall ?

2. Can you run both 15000btu units off 30amp, 50amp, Generator ?

3. How does Heartland do it from factory ?

Any other info, concerns, suggestions ?

Hookem59

Funny, I was just about to ask a very similar question: has anyone replaced one of their AC units (DIY)? It doesn't seem all that complicated to do. My bedroom unit (non-ducted) needs to be replaced. (Mods please split off if this question should be in a separate thread.)

Frederick

I to am going to install a 2nd ac in the front bedroom any suggestions on a 3800 I took the vent down and took a peak the wireing is there as so is a thermostat wire were it goes I haven't figured out yet I would prefer a thermostat instead of the ones with the nobs on the ac any suggestion

Tombstonejim

I do not own a Cyclone but a Big country. But just for ideas. I had a second AC installed in the bedroom. I did not have the ducts blocked because I wanted to be able to use either AC to cool the whole RV if I needed to. And mainly so I could run the front unit while sleeping and the rear unit while watching TV. I had a separate thermostat installed for the second unit. It works well except still not enough cooling for hot Arizona days.

avvidclif

You didn't say what year and it may be different but my bedroom AC is ducted and the thermostat is mounted on the cabinet above the bed. When it's not too hot I run the bedroom AC to cut down on noise in the living area and at night reverse them, main ac to cool the bedroom. If it gets hot in the bedroom I can reach up and turn on the bedroom AC.

To run 2 AC's requires a 50A circuit or the generator. 30A is very marginal at best.

Mine is a factory install.

Frederick

Found my thermostat wire in the wall of the closet drilled a hole on the back side of the wall ran a scope inside and there it was its on the door side of the coach