Cyclone 3950 HD Slide Topper

zigzag3337

Hello,
I'm looking to order some slide toppers for our coach and after looking at the camper, I noticed that there isn't a track above the small bedroom slide like there is above the kitchen slide. Is this a track that Heartland may have forgotten to install or is this a standard practice to not install one above the small slide?

Also, I'm looking at the Dometic Slide Topper with the full cover. Is there anyone out there that has used these covers and are they worth the extra money compared to the elite model? I really like the sleek design.

jnbhobe

I think awning rail comes in 10 and 20 ft pieces. You may want to install your own that way you can mount them a little higher so the water can run off better. I wish I had installed mine myself.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know what rule you are talking about, but for an explanation of HOG and HOC, click on 'TOOLS' at the top of the page.

Peace
Dave

Mizmary

Are there any pros cons to the different company - dometic vs carefree? Also - how hard are they to install? We know we could probably do it ourselves but at the same time is it going to be super difficult with two crazy monkeys running around at our feet? (We have a 4100 cyclone)

I'd really like to have them to keep the debris off and hopefully help with the excess heat in the kitchen slide.

Any thoughts?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Are there any pros cons to the different company - dometic vs carefree? Also - how hard are they to install? We know we could probably do it ourselves but at the same time is it going to be super difficult with two crazy monkeys running around at our feet? (We have a 4100 cyclone)

I'd really like to have them to keep the debris off and hopefully help with the excess heat in the kitchen slide.

Any thoughts?

Doesn't look overly difficult for someone handy with tools, etc. This is the installation manual for the Dometic toppers.

http://www.dometic.com/FileOrganize...ngs/SlideTopper_installation-operation_EN.pdf