Cyclone 4200 Front Door Gas Shock

cdensomnia

Thats funny, thats our build date too...I really am getting the shaft on this one... Thanks for all the pics. I will check the door model against the sticker you sent and maybe that will help me.

im_1406

Unfortunately....not so funny. Hope my info was of some help/ammunition for resolve. Please keep me posted!

Good luck!

avvidclif

I never noticed before but to me not having an awning over the main entry door is strange. Keeps raindrops off my bald spot.

Jim-Lynn

I also have a 2015 4200, I will check the build date. My door is solid with a fixed window. The gas shock in mine is nice - you open the door and it hits the awning frame, if awning is out. I need to get it fixed as you can not adjust it. They are a great unit though. Just DEWINTERIZED mine today and heading to Bristol next week. Hopefully warmer than Ontario.

cdensomnia

@im_1406 Can you measure your door strut in the open position? I am going to get the parts from Lippert but they aren't sure the size that I might need. Also, is there any markings saying how many pounds pressure it has?

im_1406

@im_1406 Can you measure your door strut in the open position? I am going to get the parts from Lippert but they aren't sure the size that I might need. Also, is there any markings saying how many pounds pressure it has?

Sure thing.....give me till this evening and I'll post what I can find.

im_1406

Sure thing.....give me till this evening and I'll post what I can find.

20" extended and the barrel is 11". No identifying markings other than made by "Master Lift". This should be a non-issue dealing with Heartland. I took photos of my missing rear awning anchor points.....they are on the mail and no charge of course. Their error.

cdensomnia

20" extended and the barrel is 11". No identifying markings other than made by "Master Lift". This should be a non-issue dealing with Heartland. I took photos of my missing rear awning anchor points.....they are on the mail and no charge of course. Their error.
Great, thank you! You didn't have the little brackets at all? If you figure out how they work let me know because mine don't quite work completely. We just wedge the end of the supports in to it.

BLHFUN

The brackets for the back awning have a silver slide inside. You use your two fingers on the outside of the bracket and slide the silver slide up to the top. Then you insert the end of the awning arm flush against the back of the bracket and lower the slide down locking the arm hinge into the bracket. I'll drive over to storage and take a picture tomorrow if needed.

cdensomnia

I thought I would wrap up this thread with an update. I was able to get the parts to add the gas shocks to both my front door and rear door. It was a bit of a fiasco getting the right parts but eventually I got all the parts.

Here is a picture of the finished product! Also,just want to thank you all for the help in getting the right parts and information to get these added.
IMG_20150513_121835.jpg

jam20ster

cdensomnia can you post the part numbers and where you purchased? I too would like to add these to my 4200. Mine is a 2016 and doesn't have the outside gas shocks either.

cdensomnia

Let me see if i can locate them. I pretty much called customer service and after a dew wrong parts we got all of the correct ones. We didnt really have part numbers. Maybe i can give you the persona name in the parts department. Well worth adding them!!!! Cant believe they stopped putting these on.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Hippy

BLHFUN,
would you please post a pic with your door fully open. My thoughts, if the shock only allows the door to open 3/4, it'll work with our 2014 3110 Cyclone. Our door only opens half way due too water heater and the heater vents being on the same side behind the door when fully open. It's made that way so the doors fiberglass/paint won't damage. I feel 3/4 would not be an issue. With that said, a part number would be awesome from anybody.

porthole

Retired
If HL would just redo the awnings and install them as they should be in the first place, you folks would not have all these issues with doors and struts and doors that only open half way.

jam20ster

Agreed! SOB figured this out on their 4212 model.

But since we do have this ridiculous problem we need to work together as owners and help each other out.