Cyclone 4200 Front Door Gas Shock

cdensomnia

Well I looked through all the emails and the part numbers Heartland did give me ended up being the wrong parts. They were able to locate the correct parts by me giving a VIN of someone who did have the struts and brackets from the factory. The job was pretty easy but check to make sure that the shocks are the right pressure. The first ones I was sent wouldn't even allow me to close the door. The ones I have now are OK. Depending on the temperature the assist the door open. But lets be honest I only put them on so the door didn't go crashing in to the awning.

One tip is when you drill the holes for the brackets that go on the fiberglass side of the coach make sure and be as close to the metal frame as possible otherwise you will miss a good solid stud to drill in to. We had one hole that I had to fill because we missed the stud. Easy enough to fix but I would have rathered not have that problem. Also make sure and fill all the holes when you put the screws in with Butyl caulk so you seal the side of the wall up. Same on the door bracket too!

I believe the guys that do have the shocks from the factory only have them on the main door. Since the parts were cheap I did it to both doors just for symmetry and now the garage door doesn't swing all the way open and crash in to the side of the coach.

TxCowboy

I never noticed before but to me not having an awning over the main entry door is strange. Keeps raindrops off my bald spot.

DW and I noticed a similar issue on those larger Heartland RVs with two awnings but none over the door -- there is at least rain gutter downspout that empties onto the front step / front door area. So, no awning over the door and a gutter that empties onto the steps. Ugh!

BLHFUN

BLHFUN,
would you please post a pic with your door fully open. My thoughts, if the shock only allows the door to open 3/4, it'll work with our 2014 3110 Cyclone. Our door only opens half way due too water heater and the heater vents being on the same side behind the door when fully open. It's made that way so the doors fiberglass/paint won't damage. I feel 3/4 would not be an issue. With that said, a part number would be awesome from anybody.

My apologies for not seeing this earlier. i returned it to storage last night after a 4 day mini trip. As soon as I pull it back out, I'll take a few pictures. I can tell you that HL found out the the door frame will not support the screws (door itself) and instead of changing the doors, the just removed the shock all together. (Less warranty repair cost) Mine finally pulled all three screws and would not support a larger screw. My hinge is now permanently attached to the door and the screws are for looks 😁.

bsackettkc

Thought I'd comment on this as well as these units seem so different.

Mine has the full screen door, the door with the half screen installed, and the gas struts installed but on the inside and at the bottom.

cdensomnia

Thought I'd comment on this as well as these units seem so different.

Mine has the full screen door, the door with the half screen installed, and the gas struts installed but on the inside and at the bottom.

I wish we had the screen doors and the strut at the bottom aa they work better than what we have. I take it you have a 2016?